Menu

2.8 can do slide shows? I see zilch info on how to set one up

Help
Qazwiz
2015-01-11
2015-01-12
  • Qazwiz

Qazwiz - 2015-01-11

i got 120 Mp3 files (I can translate them to AC3 or MP2)
    ...but how do I add Pictures for slide show AND ESPECIALLY how do i set how long each is shown during the audio play back? ( i want variable display times... first placard say 2 minutes, next 45 seconds then three minutes for third etc for duration of approx 40 minute speech maybe 20 placards)

doing this will greatly decrease bytes needed for the "slide show" since 720x480 "pictures" x20 will certainly be a lot less bytes than a 40 minute movie

(also, what are the advantages/disadvantages for AC3 vs MP2 and vice versa?)

think a VERY VERY VERY simple PowerPoint presentation just sound with appropriate placard showing at the exact time wanted

Last edit: Qazwiz 2015-01-11
  • JMJ

JMJ - 2015-01-12

2.8 can do slide shows?

Not new to version 2.8. Just tried 2.1 (2 years old) and it also can make slideshow.

but how do I add Pictures for slide show

By dragging one or more pictures to the Titleset Manager Area at the bottom of the DVDStyler window. These will become a title.

i want variable display times

AFAIK you can't set variable duration for a picture in a title. You can set different duration for each title but not for the individual pictures within a title. And if you were to create titles with a single picture for 2 min/45 sec etc you couldn't span the audio across titles.

doing this will greatly decrease bytes needed

Ultimately the slideshow(s) are encoded to MPEG2 video. So wether you encode a 40 min slideshow or a 40 min video DVDStyler would probaly use it's max bitrate of 8 Mbit/sec and no bytes saved.

what are the advantages/disadvantages for AC3 vs MP2 and vice versa?

Strictly speaking a DVD needs an audio track with a mandatory codec. For PAL MP2 could be a mandatory audio however not for NTSC. If it would be accepted by a NTSC player I don't know but why take the risk? AC3 is a mandatory codec for both PAL and NTSC. See http://www.videohelp.com/dvd#tech

I believe what you want is best achieved by creating the slideshow external to DVDStyler with something like DVD slideshow GUI (Freeware) or Proshow Gold/Producer (Paidware) and then authored in DVDStyler.

Cheers