I am a novel user of ArgyllCMS and dispcalGUI, which I find very nice.
By using dispcalGUI, I obtain sometimes errors related to "Instrument Access Failed". How I reproduce the step:
1) I start the display calibration
2) During the calibration, I abort it
3) I start again the display calibration
4) the software prompts me to set the CM in sensor calibration position. At this point the calibration does not complete.
5) I abort the process
6) I start again the display calibration
7) Sensor calibration goes ok
8) I get the Access Failed error
At this point, the only way to resume operations is to quit dispcalGUI and start from scratch.
The log file is in italian. Is it useful to upload it here?
On the other hand, I NEVER got an Access failure message by using Argyll from the command-line on the same system.
This happens on a win7 pc.