|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2004-07-21 00:01:20
|
Hey, is anybody compiling DL under Fedora Core 2 ? I just upgraded 2 boxes and now I have all kinds of problems... -- Regards Heiko http://www.devil-linux.org |
|
From: Serge L. <se...@nn...> - 2004-07-21 06:14:38
|
Dear Heiko, Wednesday, July 21, 2004, 3:56:53 AM, you wrote: HZ> is anybody compiling DL under Fedora Core 2 ? Yes I am. HZ> I just upgraded 2 boxes and now I have all kinds of problems... I have no problem (1.2 only) -- Best regards, Serge mailto:se...@nn... |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2004-07-21 12:36:20
|
> Dear Heiko, > > Wednesday, July 21, 2004, 3:56:53 AM, you wrote: > > HZ> is anybody compiling DL under Fedora Core 2 ? > Yes I am. > HZ> I just upgraded 2 boxes and now I have all kinds of problems... > I have no problem (1.2 only) I tried 1.2 and 1.3. I expect you did compile for Kernel 2.4 ? I guess I will at least give the build machine the old SuSE 8.0 back... I don't really want to remove FC2 from my Notebook, that means I have to keep trying. -- Regards Heiko Zuerker http://www.devil-linux.org |
|
From: Serge L. <se...@nn...> - 2004-07-22 05:41:46
|
Hello Heiko, Wednesday, July 21, 2004, 4:34:01 PM, you wrote: HZ> I tried 1.2 and 1.3. I expect you did compile for Kernel 2.4 ? Yes. DL has 2.4, host system - 2.6 -- Best regards, Serge mailto:se...@nn... |
|
From: Bruce S. <bw...@ar...> - 2004-07-21 13:06:57
|
> > HZ> is anybody compiling DL under Fedora Core 2 ? > > Yes I am. > > HZ> I just upgraded 2 boxes and now I have all kinds of problems... > > I have no problem (1.2 only) > > I tried 1.2 and 1.3. I expect you did compile for Kernel 2.4 ? You can compile DL for kernel 2.4 but not 2.6? Where does it abort? On the kernel compile? I'm running SuSE 9.1 (2.6 kernel based), and haven't had any problems compiling a 2.4 DL, but I haven't tried compiling a 2.6 DL. - BS |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2004-07-21 13:16:21
|
>> > HZ> is anybody compiling DL under Fedora Core 2 ? >> > Yes I am. >> > HZ> I just upgraded 2 boxes and now I have all kinds of problems... >> > I have no problem (1.2 only) >> >> I tried 1.2 and 1.3. I expect you did compile for Kernel 2.4 ? > > You can compile DL for kernel 2.4 but not 2.6? Both don't work and at least the 2.4 must.... > Where does it abort? On the kernel compile? No, different places. Currently one machine doesn't like gcc, the other pwlib. Both applications shouldn't cause any trouble, they didn't get modified for quite a while. > I'm running SuSE 9.1 (2.6 kernel based), and haven't had any problems > compiling a 2.4 DL, but I haven't tried compiling a 2.6 DL. It's probably worth a try with SuSE 9.1. -- Regards Heiko Zuerker http://www.devil-linux.org |
|
From: Bruce S. <bw...@ar...> - 2004-07-21 13:23:59
|
> >> > HZ> is anybody compiling DL under Fedora Core 2 ? > >> > Yes I am. > >> > HZ> I just upgraded 2 boxes and now I have all kinds of problems... > >> > I have no problem (1.2 only) > >> > >> I tried 1.2 and 1.3. I expect you did compile for Kernel 2.4 ? > > > > You can compile DL for kernel 2.4 but not 2.6? > > Both don't work and at least the 2.4 must.... > > > Where does it abort? On the kernel compile? > > No, different places. Currently one machine doesn't like gcc, the other > pwlib. Both applications shouldn't cause any trouble, they didn't get > modified for quite a while. That's really weird. I'm not a big fan of Fedora. I switched to SuSE shortly after upgrading to FC1 and running into problems (not DL related). I haven't tried FC2, but I've heard of other people having problems. (YMMV :) > > I'm running SuSE 9.1 (2.6 kernel based), and haven't had any problems > > compiling a 2.4 DL, but I haven't tried compiling a 2.6 DL. > > It's probably worth a try with SuSE 9.1. I can run a 2.6 compile on SuSE 9.1 and see what happens. What should, or shouldn't I select in menuconfig? Is there a profile for 2.6? - BS |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2004-07-21 13:36:20
|
>> >> > HZ> is anybody compiling DL under Fedora Core 2 ? >> >> > Yes I am. >> >> > HZ> I just upgraded 2 boxes and now I have all kinds of problems... >> >> > I have no problem (1.2 only) >> >> >> >> I tried 1.2 and 1.3. I expect you did compile for Kernel 2.4 ? >> > >> > You can compile DL for kernel 2.4 but not 2.6? >> >> Both don't work and at least the 2.4 must.... >> >> > Where does it abort? On the kernel compile? >> >> No, different places. Currently one machine doesn't like gcc, the other >> pwlib. Both applications shouldn't cause any trouble, they didn't get >> modified for quite a while. > > That's really weird. I'm not a big fan of Fedora. I switched to SuSE > shortly after upgrading to FC1 and running into problems (not DL > related). I haven't tried FC2, but I've heard of other people having > problems. (YMMV :) Yeah I get that impression, too. >> > I'm running SuSE 9.1 (2.6 kernel based), and haven't had any problems >> > compiling a 2.4 DL, but I haven't tried compiling a 2.6 DL. >> >> It's probably worth a try with SuSE 9.1. > > I can run a 2.6 compile on SuSE 9.1 and see what happens. What should, > or shouldn't I select in menuconfig? Is there a profile for 2.6? No need for this, but thanks anyway. The 2.6 compile is not stable yet, I actually had on my list for this week to fix most of the problems there. But as I mentioned, the 2.4 compile *must* work... I'm currently downloading the personal edition of suse 9.1, this is enough to do some testing. -- Regards Heiko Zuerker http://www.devil-linux.org |
|
From: Bruce S. <bw...@ar...> - 2004-07-21 13:48:07
|
> >> > I'm running SuSE 9.1 (2.6 kernel based), and haven't had any problems > >> > compiling a 2.4 DL, but I haven't tried compiling a 2.6 DL. > >> > >> It's probably worth a try with SuSE 9.1. > > > > I can run a 2.6 compile on SuSE 9.1 and see what happens. What should, > > or shouldn't I select in menuconfig? Is there a profile for 2.6? > > No need for this, but thanks anyway. > The 2.6 compile is not stable yet, I actually had on my list for this week > to fix most of the problems there. > But as I mentioned, the 2.4 compile *must* work... I haven't had any problems compiling 2.4 DL on SuSE 9.1. I haven't run a full compile for a couple weeks, but I plan on running a full mrproper/new-lfs soon for a new DL box I need to install. I can let you know how it goes ... > I'm currently downloading the personal edition of suse 9.1, this is enough > to do some testing. All the RPM's are available for SuSE 9.1 professional. You can do an install of professional over the internet. Or, I've heard that you can install the personal edition and then download/install the professional RPM's if needed. - BS |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2004-07-21 14:01:18
|
>> >> > I'm running SuSE 9.1 (2.6 kernel based), and haven't had any >> problems >> >> > compiling a 2.4 DL, but I haven't tried compiling a 2.6 DL. >> >> >> >> It's probably worth a try with SuSE 9.1. >> > >> > I can run a 2.6 compile on SuSE 9.1 and see what happens. What >> should, >> > or shouldn't I select in menuconfig? Is there a profile for 2.6? >> >> No need for this, but thanks anyway. >> The 2.6 compile is not stable yet, I actually had on my list for this >> week >> to fix most of the problems there. >> But as I mentioned, the 2.4 compile *must* work... > > I haven't had any problems compiling 2.4 DL on SuSE 9.1. I haven't > run a full compile for a couple weeks, but I plan on running a full > mrproper/new-lfs soon for a new DL box I need to install. > > I can let you know how it goes ... That would be great. >> I'm currently downloading the personal edition of suse 9.1, this is >> enough >> to do some testing. > > All the RPM's are available for SuSE 9.1 professional. You can do an > install of professional over the internet. Or, I've heard that you can > install the personal edition and then download/install the professional > RPM's if needed. That sounds interesting, I'll take a look at it tonight. -- Regards Heiko Zuerker http://www.devil-linux.org |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2004-07-31 16:11:20
|
Heiko Zuerker wrote: >Hey, > >is anybody compiling DL under Fedora Core 2 ? >I just upgraded 2 boxes and now I have all kinds of problems... > > > I just remembered something, isn't Fedora using that "Exec-Shield" stuff ? Unfortunately I already wiped out my FC2 installations, but that could be the cause of the problems. I think there was an option to disable it via /proc. Heiko |