Menu

namecheap multiple host/domain update

Help
2005-08-05
2013-01-14
  • kumarsundaram

kumarsundaram - 2005-08-05

hi everyone,
        I have multiple domains registered with namecheap and I am using ddclient to update my domains.
       Namecheap assigns seperate password for each domain. I have multiple host under each domain. For ex. subdomain1.domain1.com subdomain2.domain1.com and so on.

## NameCheap (namecheap.com)
    protocol=namecheap,        \ server=dynamicdns.park-your-domain.com,\ login=my-namecheap.com-login,    \ password=my-namecheap.com-password    \ subdomain1.domain1.com,subdomain2.domain1.com

Please note that I tried comma seperated host names.. However, it gives me problem. It updates sometimes and most of the time the second host's ip doesn't get updated.

I even tried multiple login for the same domain just to update 2 different hosts.. no luck.

Does anyone have sample of multiple host/domain update for namecheap service using ddclient?? I would really appreciate any help.. if you have a sample that you like to share with me please mail it to me at asundara@trentu.ca

Thank you very much!

• wimpunk

wimpunk - 2005-08-06

First, looking at the documentation NameCheap only works with 1 domain.  If I understand your problem you need something like:

## subdomain1
      protocol=namecheap, \
      server=dynamicdns.park-your-domain.com,\
      login=my-domain-login, \
      password=my-domain--password \
      subdomain1.domain1.com

## subdomain2
      protocol=namecheap, \
      server=dynamicdns.park-your-domain.com,\
      login=my-subdomain-login, \
      password=my-subdomain--password \
      subdomain2.domain1.com

Since I personally only use dyndns, I've never tried that method with namecheap.
      Btw, I've been searching the namecheap website looking for the API of the dynamic dns.  If you find it, can you post a link to it?

• See-Thru

See-Thru - 2005-09-13

Any idea how to supports dtDNS by ddclient?

Thank you