Menu

oops: 0002

Help
kyo
2007-01-02
2013-05-21
  • kyo

kyo - 2007-01-02

Hi so i DL the iso for DBan and burned it exactly as the faq described, so when i go into the startup and run DBan it starts out fine then it begins unpacking and tells me to wait 60 secs but during that a black screen pops up that says oops:002 then some other coding stuff and finally <0> Kernel Panic: attempted to kill init! Then nothing happens Does anyone know what i should do, any help would be appreciated.

HP Pavillion DV9000
    Antholon dual proccesor
    Windows ME
    120gb hdd with 20 gb Recovery partion

• kyo

kyo - 2007-01-03

ok so after several attempts it manages to bypass that previous error however now i get  someting that says AIEE! killing intial handler or something like that.

• kyo

kyo - 2007-01-03

Man how many things could go wrong? so it started working now for some reason so i began erasing my hdd then it crapped up on me again only this time it seems that it deleted my recovery partition, now im up shit creek without a paddle, if we ever needed a hero now would be the time!

• Darik Horn

Darik Horn - 2007-01-14

Run the utility from http://www.memtest.org/ on this computer.  DBAN will not be reliable if any bad lines are reported.

Random "aieee" or "oops" during boot are almost always caused by bad memory.  Reproducable "aieee" or "oops" that happen at the same time are usually software problems.