DocServer 4.02 error

krishr
2002-12-27
2013-03-25
  • krishr

krishr - 2002-12-27

Hi,

I have installed DocServer 4.02. I felt there was a package problem as the servlets required for docserver are not found inside the tomcat directory. I downloaded the Servlets seperately and made a war file which i put under /opt/CVWDocserver directory.

I get the following error:

org.mitre.cvw.docserv.DocServException
    org.mitre.cvw.docserv.DocServException: I/O Error
    http://servername:8080/servlet/docservlet/?op=create

And sometimes I get the following error:

org.mitre.cvw.docserv.DocServException
    org.mitre.cvw.docserv.DocServException: I/O Error
    Error writing to server

Could someone help.

THanks

• Arthur Calvert

Arthur Calvert - 2003-06-06

In the Server.cvw file change the cvw.docserver.url=/servlet/docservlet to
      cvw.docserver.url=/app/docservlet

• Chris Hall

Chris Hall - 2003-06-22

Thanks, Arthur!

We just fired up our CVW, and were having the same problem - dunno if we would have found, or if we had, how long it would have taken us.

• David W. Taylor

David W. Taylor - 2004-04-07

awesome, this fixed my error.  So simple, yet so obscure.
      I simply changed the Server.cvw file change the cvw.docserver.url=/servlet/docservlet to
      cvw.docserver.url=/app/docservlet

• Dan

Dan - 2005-10-06

I am running DocServer on debian linux and using the linux client for cvw. I imported a pdf and from the client requested an edit of the pdf rather than a view. The client froze and since then I have had nothing but trouble with that document. I eventually uploaded another but then both were problem files.

I need to know how I would go about purging that object from the cvw database. I realize it is a MUD moo data format but I know nothing of muds. How can I eliminate a document if I know the document id?

Thanks in advance.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks