Menu

Hero 6.1 prints fuzzy characters

Robbin
2014-03-04
2014-03-04
  • Robbin

Robbin - 2014-03-04

I have an ubuntu 64 bit 12.04 computer with ceps 26 installed. The print results are fuzzy. Output from libreoffice is fuzzy - it's like the characters are double or triple printed with small offsets. I think it's rasterizing. This used to work great. Now it is dizzying to look at. Printing from any app is fuzzy. I changed from 600x600 to 300x300 and it was marginly better. I'm not sure where to start. Is it a font that needs installing? Give me a clue.

• PaulN

PaulN - 2014-03-04

I'd guess it's not the font if "any app" gives fuzzy printing.
    I'd test the printer by printing the self test page from the printer panel to make sure that is not fuzzy.
    Do a print from a windows machine, if that's convenient.
    If you have another printer (not a kodak one) that you can print on does that give the same result?
    The fuzz may not be caused by c2esp since all the conversion to raster is done by filters from other packages. cups creates a chain of filters that converts the output of the app into the raster format used by c2esp.

I don't know much about this, but I think there has been a change in recent years so that apps generate a pdf file that is processed by cups, instead of a ps file. Maybe the pdf to raster conversion is the problem? and that could be a reason why your printing was OK, then some update made it not OK