Menu

Changing Block Textures

Help
Stephen
2012-06-13
2013-05-20
  • Stephen

Stephen - 2012-06-13

I'm trying to figure out how to replace the textures of from one set of levels that came with the game with the textures from another set of levels later in the game. If someone could give me some instructions or even some advice I would greatly appreciate it. I think I will have to dig into the game files and replace the current textures with a copy of the other ones but if someone could tell me where to go and what to replace that would help a lot.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2012-06-17

Hi and sorry or the late response!

The most simple way to achieve the texture change is the following:

First edit your data\boot.lua and change the line PreferZip=1; to  PreferZip=0;
    Now extracted files a used preferentially. Open the data000.zip and extract the theme, which textures you want to replace. The files are located in the themedefs zip-folder, please extract the file to data\themedefs.

Edit the extracted file and simply replace the argument of the function THEME_AddDir("…");. Take a look in the themedef-file of the theme which textures you want to used and copy the THEME_AddDir("…");-function into your extracted file.
    Now, the extracted theme should have an exchanged set of textures.

Regards and thanks for playing/editing Cubo!

• Stephen

Stephen - 2012-06-21

Thank you for your help.