I originally sent this to the author, but he didn't reply for reason or another, so I'll put the same message here about as it was. I don't know if the bug tracker is the correct place for patches, but you don't appear to have a distinct patch list.
Anyhow, Comix didn't have support for 7z files. This is annoying, I save all my stuff, including comics, in 7zip. Thus, I patched comix to add support for 7z files.
It seems to work,
I also made one subfunction to search the path for binaries, since searching for 7za, 7z and p7zip uses very similar mechanisms as searching for unrar and rar.
The points I modified (in order) were:
- mime type lists for GTK
- listing files from within an archive
- extracting cover to stdout from an archive
- displaying archive type correctly for libraries
- displaying archive type correctly for thumbnails
- mime for recently used data
- determining archive mime type
- extracting files from the archive
- locating rar and 7z executables
If I missed something, you surely know better from which places to look.
Also about the indentation, but I was using a different indentation schema and lines modified by me don't seem to add up with the existing code. You might be better off reindenting them after patching or even cutpasting the changes manually from the .diff file. I'm sorry about the inconvenience. If this annoys you, I can try to do another .diff that has the indents right.
Log in to post a comment.