2297Rocky - 2013-01-21

I have hunted High and Low for software that would allow me the power that I have to control Drawing Revisions.  I offer this Endorsement in the hopes that it will HELP someone else Manage their Beast!

As a Quality Manager in the Aerospace Industry, it has been difficult trying to maintain an Auditable Trail as well as insuring we are working to the latest and greatest revision.

As an Engineering Manager in the Aerospace Industry, it has been difficult being able to quickly scroll through hundreds of detailed drawings in a tiny window, only to have to open that drawing in second software to view the file, or third software just to manage the revision.

With bitfarm-Archiv DMS I can do all of those things with ease and it so far has been a hit with OEMs (we call them Primes) and I am sure it will be a hit with the Prime’s Quality Group as well.

Advantages:
The ability to create a Repository Hierarchy.
The ability to call the Hierarchy by a Part Number or a Proper Name.
The ability to click on that Folder within that Hierarchy and scroll through all of the files within that folder in a Search Window.
The ability to see at a glance which files are Released and which ones aren’t within that Search Window and the ability to Approve or Un-Approve that document.
The ability to see those files in a window Large Enough to actually see the file you have highlighted in the Search Window.
The ability to Zoom In or Zoom Out in the Document Window without ever going to an Editor/Viewer Program, which you can do by simply clicking on the Document in the Document Window( I use the TIFF Format so the image stays clear).
And that doesn’t even begin to explain all of the other functions it can do.

Just wish it would work with pdfs, the only disadvantage I have found so far.

WOW is all that I can say; I’m still in shock!

Software that can easily pass any ISO900, AS9100/AS9110, NADCAP Audit with flying colors!