Menu

Cluster-specific properties

MarkP
2010-08-04
2013-04-20
  • MarkP

MarkP - 2010-08-04

Hello! I am new to Tulip, but my experience so far has been very positive. Since I work on Linux and my coworker works on Windows it is especially nice to have Tulip support cross-platform development.

We are writing a plug-in to import from an internal format that we use within our group, and as part of the import we are adding a lot of properties to the nodes that we later export. It would be nice if we could have properties that are specific to a cluster. The documentation and the .tlp format suggests that properties are associated with clusters, so I thought this might be possible. However I noticed that if I try to add a property it seems to end up in cluster 0, and if I manually edit the .tlp file to add a property to a non-zero cluster, I cannot see it in the Tulip GUI. Are cluster-specific properties possible?

Thanks for your time,

Mark

• packadal

packadal - 2010-08-09

Hi Mark,

I might be wrong, but as far as I know, Tulip associates properties with graphs, so in order to have a cluster-specific property, you need to have one sub-graph per cluster.
    Then you can have local properties on your sub-graphs.

Thanks for the praise :)

Regards,
    Charles.

• David Auber

David Auber - 2010-09-07

Hi,

Yes you can associate a specific properties to a cluster. However, you must give us more information about what you call a cluster. In Tulip we support two different things : Subgraph and groups.
    You can add different properties to a subgraph elements.
    A group can be seen as a node that represent a subgraph, thus you can add information on that node.

To summarize :
    if you want to add information on an element of a cluster (add properties on the corresponding subgraph)
    if you want to add information on the cluster itself (set the value of the cluster corresponding node (ie. metanode) or edge (ie.metaedge))

David.