Menu

Installing Problems

Help
2010-04-19
2015-05-15
  • Alexander Jonser

Hello, i have some problems with the installation of express.

I installed the latest version of Apache Tomcat and want to deploy the express.war with the tomcat manager.
    Ok until now there are no problems. The tomcat manager says it is deployed and i configured the application for mysql and gmail.
    When i try to start express, the tomcat manager always says failed.

Are there any hints i forget?

• Alexander Jonser

i found in the logfiles this entry

19-04-2010 14:11:25  ContextLoader.initWebApplicationContext(213): Context initialization failed
    org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'org.springframework.security.providers.dao.DaoAuthenticationProvider#0': Cannot resolve reference to bean 'internalUserService' while setting bean property 'userDetailsService'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException: Error creating bean with name 'internalUserService' defined in file : Unsatisfied dependency expressed through constructor argument with index 0 of type : : Error creating bean with name 'userDao' defined in file : Unsatisfied dependency expressed through constructor argument with index 0 of type : : Error creating bean with name 'entityManagerFactory' defined in file : Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is javax.persistence.PersistenceException:  Unable to build EntityManagerFactory; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'entityManagerFactory' defined in file : Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is javax.persistence.PersistenceException:  Unable to build EntityManagerFactory; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException: Error creating bean with name 'userDao' defined in file : Unsatisfied dependency expressed through constructor argument with index 0 of type : : Error creating bean with name 'entityManagerFactory' defined in file : Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is javax.persistence.PersistenceException:  Unable to build EntityManagerFactory; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'entityManagerFactory' defined in file : Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is javax.persistence.PersistenceException:  Unable to build EntityManagerFactory

• adam

adam - 2010-04-26

I'm not sure what process you have followed to deploy, but it looks like the war has been corrupted or you have lost some files somehow. I recommend downloading again and following the instructions on the documentation page http://agileexpress.sourceforge.net/documentation.html

• Alexander Jonser

First i installed the latest release ot Tomcat 6 on Debian Lenny.
    Then i downloaded the latest express.war and deployed it with the tomcat manager.
    After that i moved the "ROOT"-Folder away and renamed the "express"-folder to "ROOT".
    At last i changed the properties for mysql and restartet the tomcat services.

• Soon Lam

Soon Lam - 2010-08-08

I have the same problem on Linux - Ubunto 9.10. I was able to get the same files to work on my MacBook Pro. So, this has probably something to do with the version of Java on Linux. I installed Sun's Java, instead of OpenJDK but it is a similar result.

• Soon Lam

Soon Lam - 2010-08-08

I really like the software and it is very nice. I would like to get it to work on my Linux server. Any thoughts please?

08-08-2010 15:06:02  ContextLoader.initWebApplicationContext(213): Context initialization failedorg.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException: Error creating bean with name 'iterationDao' defined in file : Unsatisfied dependency expressed through constructor argument with index 0 of type : : Error creating bean with name 'entityManagerFactory' defined in file [/usr/share/tomcat6/webapps/expre
    ss/WEB-INF/classes/applicationContext.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is javax.persistence.PersistenceException:  Unable to build EntityManagerFactory; nested exception is org.sp
    ringframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'entityManagerFactory' defined i
    n file : Invocation of init method fai
    led; nested exception is javax.persistence.PersistenceException:  Unable to build EntityManagerFactory

• adam

adam - 2010-08-09

If you are sure that the war file you have is not corrupted, try this: Stop your tomcat instance, manually copy your express.war to your tomcat webapps directory, delete the ROOT folder already there, unzip express.war and rename the folder it creates to ROOT. Remove the original war file and start tomcat up again; hopefully it will start correctly. If it doesn't you will need to look into the WEB-INF/classes/com/express/dao/jpa folder and see if the JpaIterationDao.class is actually there.

Hope this helps,

Adam

• Soon Lam

Soon Lam - 2010-08-10

Thanks for your quick reply. I tried your suggestion and found the JpalterationDao.class but it still gave me that error. My configuration was to use Mysql on Ubuntu 10.

I installed Postgres 8.4 and tried it. Success. Now I have to fix the email issue.

Will update on progress but thank you very much for creating this wonderful product.

• Soon Lam

Soon Lam - 2010-08-10

I got postfix working and the tool is working very well. I can register and all.

For those who are trying to install on Linux, here are some pointers ( I hope this will help others to use this great tool).

1) I am using Ubuntu Linux 10.
    2) Install Java SDK from Sun and not OpenJDK - (I had problems with the jar function in OpenJDK - not found)
    3) Use Postgres 8.4 and not MySQL (I think there is a problem with the mysql db driver but not sure)
    4) Create a database called express
    5) Get the war file and upload it using scp (secure copy)
    6) Create a directory and cd into it. Expand the war file with jar -xvf
    7) Rename it to /var/lib/tomcat6/webapps/ROOT
    8) Edit the classes file - application.properties
    9) Make sure you install postfix for smtp mail forwarding
    10) Start the tomcat, postgres, postfix - it should work

Thanks again to adam for your contribution and this great tool

• Ana

Ana - 2011-10-24

Is there no way to install with mySQL?  Every time I startup tomcat it ends with your same error.

• adam

adam - 2011-10-24

I don't use MySql but there is a mysql driver packaged with express and configuration to use it in the application.properties file. Just comment out the Postgres config and uncomment the MySql one.

• Ana

Ana - 2011-10-25

Thanks for your rapid answer.
    I used the MySql driver and express creates the tables, but in my catalina.out i see after the tables creation : "  ContextLoader.initWebApplicationContext(213): Context initialization …"

• adam

adam - 2011-10-25

can you put the stack trace up here for me to examine?

• Ana

Ana - 2011-10-25

Oh! Thanks,  this is a part of my output. I hope it serves

25-oct-2011 10:59:22 liquibase.database.template.JdbcTemplate comment
    INFO: Release Database Lock
    25-oct-2011 10:59:22 liquibase.lock.LockHandler releaseLock
    INFO: Successfully released change log lock
    25-10-2011 10:59:23  ContextLoader.initWebApplicationContext(213): Context initialization failed
    org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException: Error creating bean with name 'registerController' defined in file : Unsatisfied dependency expressed through constructor argument with index 0 of type : : Error creating bean with name 'userManager' defined in file : Unsatisfied dependency expressed through constructor argument with index 0 of type : : Error creating bean with name 'userDao' defined in file : Unsatisfied dependency expressed through constructor argument with index 0 of type : : Error creating bean with name 'entityManagerFactory' defined in file : Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is javax.persistence.PersistenceException:  Unable to build EntityManagerFactory; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'entityManagerFactory' defined in file : Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is javax.persistence.PersistenceException:  Unable to build EntityManagerFactory; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException: Error creating bean with name 'userDao' defined in file : Unsatisfied dependency expressed through constructor argument with index 0 of type : : Error creating bean with name 'entityManagerFactory' defined in file : Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is javax.persistence.PersistenceException:  Unable to build EntityManagerFactory; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'entityManagerFactory' defined in file : Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is javax.persistence.PersistenceException:  Unable to build EntityManagerFactory; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException: Error creating bean with name 'userManager' defined in file : Unsatisfied dependency expressed through constructor argument with index 0 of type : : Error creating bean with name 'userDao' defined in file : Unsatisfied dependency expressed through constructor argument with index 0 of type : : Error creating bean with name 'entityManagerFactory' defined in file : Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is javax.persistence.PersistenceException:  Unable to build EntityManagerFactory; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'entityManagerFactory' defined in file : Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is javax.persistence.PersistenceException:  Unable to build EntityManagerFactory; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException: Error creating bean with name 'userDao' defined in file : Unsatisfied dependency expressed through constructor argument with index 0 of type :

• adam

adam - 2011-10-25

Check your MySql instance, it looks like liquibase completed creating your database in MySql and you should see all the tables there. Your error looks like the same one experienced by soonlam above. Try following the same instructions I gave him, also look at the 10 point list he thoughtfully posted to detail how he resolved his issue.

• Ana

Ana - 2011-10-27

Hi!.
    finally I installed your express application with postgres.  Thanks for your help.  It's a great job

• Nourhene

Nourhene - 2014-06-05

Hi !!!
    when i want to run the express project as maven project i get this error :
    INFO] Scanning for projects...
    Downloading: http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/maven/wagon/wagon-webdav/1.0-beta-2/wagon-webdav-1.0-beta-2.pom
    [ERROR] The build could not read 1 project -> [Help 1]
    [ERROR]
    [ERROR] The project com.express:express:0.8-RC1 (C:\Users\Nourhene.Errabia\Desktop\Nourhene\agileexpress-code-3812c08dfffb4a39b0e2e8fa616fa32f80fd68a6\pom.xml) has 1 error
    [ERROR] Unresolveable build extension: Plugin org.apache.maven.wagon:wagon-webdav:1.0-beta-2 or one of its dependencies could not be resolved: Failed to collect dependencies for org.apache.maven.wagon:wagon-webdav:jar:1.0-beta-2 (): Failed to read artifact descriptor for org.apache.maven.wagon:wagon-webdav:jar:1.0-beta-2: Could not transfer artifact org.apache.maven.wagon:wagon-webdav:pom:1.0-beta-2 from/to central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2): connection timed out -> [Help 2]
    [ERROR]

• yijin

yijin - 2015-05-15

Hi i am kinda having a problem when i am trying to deploy agile express in tomcat7. I always have this error

FAIL - Application at context path /agileexpress could not be started

• yijin

yijin - 2015-05-15

i sa w this in my error log

May 15, 2015 3:18:21 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext startInternal
    SEVERE: Error listenerStart
    May 15, 2015 3:18:22 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext startInternal
    SEVERE: Context [/agileexpress] startup failed due to previous errors
    May 15, 2015 3:18:26 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader clearReferencesJdbc
    SEVERE: The web application [/agileexpress] registered the JDBC driver [org.postgresql.Driver] but failed to unregister it when the web application was stopped. To prevent a memory leak, the JDBC Driver has been forcibly unregistered.