plptools 0.12 compiling fails on suse 8.1

Help
Jan Vonde
2003-02-16
2004-04-30
  • Jan Vonde

Jan Vonde - 2003-02-16

Hi

When I try to compile plptools on my suse linux 8.1 box i get the following error:

c++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../include -I../intl -D_REENTRANT -O2 -fno-exceptions -fno-check-new -c psitime.cc  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/psitime.lo
    In file included from /usr/include/g++/backward/ostream.h:31,
                     from psitime.h:44,
                     from psitime.cc:23:
    /usr/include/g++/backward/backward_warning.h:32:2: warning: #warning This file includes at least one deprecated or antiquated header. Please consider using one of the 32 headers found in section 17.4.1.2 of the C++ standard. Examples include substituting the <X> header for the <X.h> header for C++ includes, or <sstream> instead of the deprecated header <strstream.h>. To disable this warning use -Wno-deprecated.
    psitime.cc:66: default argument given for parameter 2 of `
       PsiTime::PsiTime(timeval*, timezone* = 0)'
    psitime.h:145: after previous specification in `PsiTime::PsiTime(timeval*,
       timezone* = 0)'
    make[1]: *** [psitime.lo] Fehler 1
    make[1]: Verlassen des Verzeichnisses /home/jan/Desktop/plptools-0.12/lib
    make: *** [all-recursive] Fehler 1
    jan@jan:~/Desktop/plptools-0.12>

any ideas??

prego :)

• Roberto Innocenti

if you see plptools 0.11 compiling problem, there is a solution at this step.

is to edit pstime.h and modify the line timezone* = 0, you  must delete =0

If you have others problem in compilation I think is the same problem that we have with Mandrake 9.0, and I know that some developer is in producing a new version for new release distributions...

• Jan Vonde

Jan Vonde - 2003-03-02

thx :)

• Jan Vonde

Jan Vonde - 2003-03-03

OK.... I deleted from the official plptools 0.12 source distribution " = 0L" from line 145 of lib/psitime.h

It goes on compiling now, but it fails later on again. I run the ./configure script with the options
      --prefix=/opt/kde3

and

--enable-kde

As I mentioned before do I use SuSE Linux 8.1 with KDE 3.1 installed from RPM's . Else I installed the kde2-compat and kde2-compat-devel packages as the kdesupports seems to be for kde2 only..

It fails now with the following error:

kio_plp.o: In function `baseName(QString const&)':
      kio_plp.o(.text+0x1db): undefined reference to `QString::fromAscii(char const*, int)'
      kio_plp.o: In function `removeFirstPart(QString const&, QString&)':
      kio_plp.o(.text+0x2c7): undefined reference to `QString::fromAscii(char const*, int)'
      kio_plp.o: In function `PLPProtocol::isDrive(QString const&)':
      kio_plp.o(.text+0x16f7): undefined reference to `QString::fromAscii(char const*, int)'
      kio_plp.o: In function `PLPProtocol::openConnection()':
      kio_plp.o(.text+0x1f27): undefined reference to `QString::fromAscii(char const*, int)'
      kio_plp.o(.text+0x2100): undefined reference to `QString::fromAscii(char const*, int)'
      kio_plp.o: In function `PLPProtocol::listDir(KURL const&)':
      kio_plp.o(.text+0x2982): undefined reference to `QString::QString[in-charge](QMemArray<char> const&)'
      kio_plp.o(.text+0x2d6c): undefined reference to `QString::operator+=(char const*)'
      kio_plp.o: In function `PLPProtocol::stat(KURL const&)':
      kio_plp.o(.text+0x3cf2): undefined reference to `QString::QString[in-charge](QMemArray<char> const&)'
      kio_plp.o: In function `PLPProtocol::mimetype(KURL const&)':
      kio_plp.o(.text+0x423f): undefined reference to `QString::QString[in-charge](QMemArray<char> const&)'
      kio_plp.o: In function `PLPProtocol::mkdir(KURL const&, int)':
      kio_plp.o(.text+0x4a4c): undefined reference to `QString::QString[in-charge](QMemArray<char> const&)'
      kio_plp.o: In function `PLPProtocol::del(KURL const&, bool)':
      kio_plp.o(.text+0x50c2): undefined reference to `QString::QString[in-charge](QMemArray<char> const&)'
      kio_plp.o: In function `PLPProtocol::chmod(KURL const&, int)':
      kio_plp.o(.text+0x541c): undefined reference to `QString::QString[in-charge](QMemArray<char> const&)'
      kio_plp.o(.text+0x572f): more undefined references to `QString::QString[in-charge](QMemArray<char> const&)' follow
      kio_plp.o: In function `PLPProtocol::get(KURL const&)':
      kio_plp.o(.text+0x57f4): undefined reference to `KIO::SlaveBase::data(QMemArray<char> const&)'
      kio_plp.o(.text+0x5828): undefined reference to `KIO::SlaveBase::data(QMemArray<char> const&)'
      kio_plp.o(.text+0x5ac8): undefined reference to `KIO::SlaveBase::data(QMemArray<char> const&)'
      kio_plp.o: In function `PLPProtocol::put(KURL const&, int, bool, bool)':
      kio_plp.o(.text+0x5c15): undefined reference to `QString::QString[in-charge](QMemArray<char> const&)'
      kio_plp.o(.text+0x5f6b): undefined reference to `KIO::SlaveBase::readData(QMemArray<char>&)'
      kio_plp.o: In function `PLPProtocol::rename(KURL const&, KURL const&, bool)':
      kio_plp.o(.text+0x6198): undefined reference to `QString::QString[in-charge](QMemArray<char> const&)'
      kio_plp.o(.text+0x61e8): undefined reference to `QString::QString[in-charge](QMemArray<char> const&)'
      kio_plp.o: In function `PLPProtocol::copy(KURL const&, KURL const&, int, bool)':
      kio_plp.o(.text+0x6948): undefined reference to `QString::QString[in-charge](QMemArray<char> const&)'
      kio_plp.o(.text+0x6998): undefined reference to `QString::QString[in-charge](QMemArray<char> const&)'
      kio_plp.o: In function `PLPProtocol::special(QMemArray<char> const&)':
      kio_plp.o(.text+0x6ebb): undefined reference to `QDataStream::QDataStream[in-charge](QMemArray<char>, int)'
      kio_plp.o(.text+0x8023): undefined reference to `QString::operator+=(char const*)'
      kio_plp.o(.text+0x803b): undefined reference to `QString::operator+=(char const*)'
      kio_plp.o(.gnu.linkonce.d._ZTV11PLPProtocol+0x5c): undefined reference to `KIO::SlaveBase::dispatch(int, QMemArray<char> const&)'
      collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
      make[2]: *** [kio_plp.la.closure] Fehler 1
      make[2]: Verlassen des Verzeichnisses /home/jan/Desktop/plptools-0.12/kde2/kioslave
      make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Fehler 1
      make[1]: Verlassen des Verzeichnisses /home/jan/Desktop/plptools-0.12/kde2
      make: *** [all-recursive] Fehler 1
      jan@jan:~/Desktop/plptools-0.12>

any ideas?? ;)

Will the KDE apps will be ported to KDE 3 in the next time? WIll a plugin for ksync be developed?

Sorry for my bad english...

prego :)

• Dick Kniep

Dick Kniep - 2004-04-30

I had the same problem with Slackware 9.1 I changed the offending line 145 in lib/psitime.h to:

PsiTime(struct timeval *_utv, struct timezone *_utz);

After that it compiled without any problems

Cheers,
        DK

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2003-11-05

Hello

Can anybody give me a hint where I can find this pstime.h (SuSe 8.1) - I can't find it...

Thanks

Felix