As I mentioned in the last platform updates post, we’re primarily focused on upgrade-related work lately, but we found time to put in a few enhancements to the platform in the last sprint.
A new macro was added to the wiki syntax. Putting [[members]] in a wiki article will produce a list of all the members of the project. By default, this is limited to 20 members, with a link to a full list if you’ve got more than that. You can link directly to that longer list, if you like. For example, here’s TikiWiki’s full list of developers.
Next, the interfaces for adding tags to tickets was improved to make it easier to find tags that you’ve already used. Starting to type a tag will produce a dropdown of tags from which to select.
And, we’ve added a
$USER variable that you can use in ticket searches, which will be replaced, at search time, with the currently-active user. For example, if you search for
reported_by:$USER, the variable
$USER, you’ll get all the tickets reported by the currently logged in user. In this way, you can add a saved search to your ticket tracker so that each user can keep tabs on their own tickets.
So, if you look at the Allura ticket tracker, you’ll see a new “My Tickets” button under “Searches”, which will show you the tickets you’ve opened. (Of course, you’ll have to be logged in for that to work.)
We’re really looking forward to being done with the upgrade process, so that we can focus more on improving the developer experience, and we’d love to hear your feedback on what we should work on next. You can see what’s scheduled for upcoming sprints, and vote on tickets, in the Allura ticket tracker.