XOWA is a desktop application for reading and editing Wikipedia offline
- Displays all articles from Wikipedia without an internet connection
- Works with any Wikimedia wiki, including Wikipedia, Wiktionary, Wikisource, Wikiquote, Wikivoyage
- Works with any non-English language wiki such as French Wikipedia, German Wikisource, Dutch Wikivoyage, etc.
- Works with other specialized wikis such as Wikidata, Wikimedia Commons, Wikispecies, or any other MediaWiki generated dump
- Renders articles with full HTML formatting
- Downloads images and other files on demand
- Updates your wiki whenever you want, using Wikimedia database backups.
- Sets up Simple Wikipedia in less than 5 minutes
- Navigates between offline wikis (click on "Look up this word in Wiktionary" and it will open your offline version of Wiktionary)
- Edits articles
- Installs to a flash memory card for portability to other machines
- Can be customized at many levels: from keyboard shortcuts to HTML layouts to internal options
- View the HTML for any wiki page
- Search for any page by title using a Wikipedia-like Search box
- Browse pages by alphabetical order using Special:AllPages
- Find a word on a page.
- Access a history of viewed pages
- Bookmark your favorite pages.
I like this software, it makes having a complete local copy of the entire Wikipedia database super simple. I would like to see the user interface improved some what, so that it matches the host operating system better (Windows 7 in my case). Such as offering transparency for systems capable of doing that. Otherwise I can not find any technical issues with this software. Big thanks to the developer for making such a great software application.
The Best feature full Wikipedia reader ..Thanks Mr gnosygnu For the nice app :)
A fantastic wiki offline reader. Go on, please!