Formerly entitled LimeWire Pirate Edition(LPE), WireShare is the newest fork of the original LimeWire open source project. Our sole intention is to create and maintain a bona fide continuation of the project. All work is undertaken on a pro bono basis. The name was changed for legal reasons. We are in beta stage; if you'd like to change this, come talk to us in #wireshare at irc.freenode.org!
- Ease of use. Just install, run, and search.
- Ability to search by artist, title, genre, or other meta-information.
- Elegant multiple search tabbed interface.
- "Swarm" downloads from multiple hosts help you get files faster.
- Utilizes "ultrapeer" technology that reduces bandwidth requirements for most users.
- Integrated chat.
- Browse host feature. Even works through firewalls.
- Can connect to the network using GWebCache, a distributed connection system.
- Automatic local network searches for lightning-fast downloads. If you're on a corporate or university network, download files from other users on the same network almost instantaneously!
- Share files privately with Friends.
- Download and share torrents.
- Support for MAGNET links that allow you to click on web page links that access Gnutella.
- No adware, spyware, or advertising.
- Further details found at Gnutella Forums, update changelog and discussion: http://www.gnutellaforums.com/getting-started-using-limewire-wireshare/102701-wireshare-formerly-entitled-limewire-pirate-edition.html
Be the first to post a review of WireShare!