Vifm - v0.7.8
New version adds a couple of major features, allows for some more customizations
and makes usual operations more convenient. Finally, file system operations got
progress (it's disabled by default, new implementation needs to be tested in
different environments to become the primary one). Another feature is
multiblock selection ("extended visual mode" if you wish). Vifm also became
friendlier to authors of colorschemes and those who'd like to customize UI a bit
Don't forget that Vifm has new site (http://vifm.info) and
Wiki (http://wiki.vifm.info). Checkout the former one for demonstration of some
of new features.
- Added multiblock "selection" (in quotes because it's also block deselection
and inversion of selection for completeness).
- Added progress bar for file operations. Available only if 'syscalls' option
is set (please be careful with that, check basic operations on temp files
before using this with important data).
- Added names for 256 colors, highlight group for inactive cursor,
":highlight clear" command.
- Some improvements for cancelling operations.
- Better implementation of emptying trash directories.
- New types of conflict resolution.
- Several extensions for filtering with user-defined commands.
- More customizable UI (borders, padding).
- Smarter path completion.
- Separated Vifm and Vim plugin documentation.
- A couple of extensions for Vim plugin (for mail and bulk file renaming).
See change log for the full list of changes and by whom they were suggested.
More details at http://vifm.info/news/2014-10-25.shtml