vifm - v0.7.7
New version provides more customizations for several existing features
and more convenient interaction with them.
Thanks to all contributors and especially those who tried beta version.
- Vifm has had support for navigation by file number for years, finally it
can display those numbers.
- Support of trash directories got better with ability to have trash per
mount point and new trash menus.
- Command-line mode now has Ctrl-X prefixed keys that insert parts of
filenames and filters (kind of Ctrl-R in Vim).
- Bookmarks are now timestamped for more predictable management (mainly
deletion and overwriting).
- For security reasons remote commands are now disabled at configuration
stage by default.
- Most of long-running operations (:find, :copy, etc.) now can be cancelled
by pressing Ctrl-C.
- Menus with list of files got unified "gf" (for navigation) and "e" (for
- Several fixes and %n macro for better integration with terminal
- Ability to sort list view with disabled grouping of directories.
- Expression parser was extended in a couple of ways.
- Added three more sample color schemes.
See change log for the full list of changes and by whom they were suggested.