Dungeon Craft is an adventure creator that emulates the Advanced Dungeons & Dragons Gold Box RPG's released by SSI. The editor is used to configure art, items, monsters, etc. Each adventure is self-contained and doesn't require the editor to be played.
- Adventure creator that is based on the AD&D gaming system. (think GoldBox and FRUA games by SSI)
- Supports 16/24/32 bit color and supports BMP, PCX, TGA, PNG, JPEG, WAV, MIDI, MP3, MOD, and AVI file types.
- 640x480, 800x600, and 1024x768 screen sizes during game play.
- Designer can edit/add spells, items, monsters and special abilities.
- Each design is self-contained, the editor is not required to play the game
- All art can be customized.
- Text events can use scripted conversations, Ultima style.
Thanks for Uaf, it's excellent!
It's cool. I went to your website where I could download the playable adventures but some of the links are broken now. You might want to update them. I was wondering, can this software be used to play old FRUA modules and maybe the original Gold Box games like Pool of Radiance and Curse of the Azure Bonds? I think I still have a CD somewhere or floppys with the games on them but they don't run on newer computers. I am pretty sure they are abandoned ware now and it should not be a legal problem to convert them to Dungeon Craft as far as I know. How feasible is that. There used to be a lot of FRUA content available to DL on the web. I would love to replay it. It would be even cooler if some of those old games were remade with modern graphics and enhanced to play on modern PCs but if I could play them with DC, I would be happy!