A mapping application for OpenStreetMap that renders OSM or MapQuest tiles and does basic routing from a built-in database.
The main focus of this project is the development of a high-performance routing engine that can handle a variety of routing and vehicle constraints on demand without additional pre-processing of the road network. An additional goal is the development of a class library centered around a built-in, object-oriented database used for processing and storing OSM map data such that external dependencies (e.g. external database servers) are minimized.
- Displays basic driving directions and supports routing along waypoints
- Routing for 5 different vehicle types
- Hierarchical A* algorithm with spatially-indexed database
- Interactive map display allows for querying of individual street segments
- XML file importer included in class library to process any .osm file