To see a timeline of detail changes please visit:
- bugfixes reported in the bugs forum since 3.7.0
- bugfixes reported in the bugs forum since 220.127.116.11
- display requirements when a player cannot execute a command
- improved IRC connection handling
- auto word wrapping for message boxes
- headless server can run in local lan mode (does not broadcast to master server)
- Added lua security sandbox
- third person view allows you to follow a selected unit. Select one unit anf press f4 to enable (deselect anf f4 to disable).
- cell markers allow players to create markers anywhere on the map and associate a note with them. All team players see the markers.
- quick sonar signal to tell team players where the action is happening
- admin player can disconnect other network players in game
- saving / loading games.
- when placing a new unit, we display a 'ghosted' model while units walk to the build location to show the space it will occupy
- video playback support (using libvlc)
- network multi-player scenarios
- campaign scenarios
- Integrated language translation support (translate / update your favorite language @ https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/megaglest and pull the files into the game via advanced translation options to test your changes)
- play a sound when player mentions your name in chat mode
- more game data validation for commandline modders, see --help for more info
- many new lua commands for scenario modders
- enhanced AI management (logging and modding) and added more intellegence to decsions
- enhanced game data downloads now allow for downloading data from the mod center instead of game server if available.
- Quick keys in game lobby, SHIFT+<letter>+listbox arrow to jump to that letter in a list
or Hold CTRL when clicking listbox for network control type to change all non human control values
- enhanced unicode support for non-ascii characters
- customizable unit, resource and upgrade language files
- tilesets support animated models
- scenario factions may now be 'neutral', meaning not on any players team.
- new command action mouse cursors
- resources are selectable showing info about the resource
- particle colors are now affected by the time of day
- new game hints are displayed while loading a new game
- linked faction support (and new techtree MagiTech for classic Glest play)
- added runtime checks to ensure cpu supports expected optimizations of the binary used (sse, x87)
- lots of code cleanup from static analysis such as cppcheck and valgrind
- experimental big endian and non x86 architecure support (need testers to give feedback)