4tH is a Forth compiler with a little difference. Instead of the standard Forth engine it features a conventional compiler. 4tH is a very small compiler that can create bytecode, C-embeddable bytecode, standalone executables, but also works fine as a scripting language. It supports about 95% of the ANS Forth CORE wordset and features conditional compilation, pipes, files, assertions, forward declarations, enumerations, structures, suspended execution, recursion, include files, etc. It comes with an RPN calculator, line editor, preprocessor, compiler, decompiler, C-source generator, a virtual machine, and a multitasking environment.
- Supports over 95% of the ANS-Forth CORE wordset
- Easily embeddable in a C program
- Integrates seamlessly with the Unix development environment
- Comes with over 350 libraries
- Over 550 A4 pages of documentation
- Very capable preprocessor
Be the first to post a review of 4tH compiler!