TTX/FontTools Version 1.0 beta 1 (released August 10 2001)
- Reorganized the command line interface for ttDump.py and ttCompile.py,
they now behave more like "normal" command line tool, in that they accept
multiple input files for batch processing.
- ttDump.py and ttCompile.py don't silently override files anymore, but ask
before doing so. Can be overridden by -f.
- Added -d <destination-directory> option to both ttDump.py and ttCompile.py.
- Installation is now done with distutils. (Needs work for environments without
- Updated installation instructions.
- Added some workarounds so as to handle certain buggy fonts more gracefully.
- Updated Unicode table to Unicode 3.0 (Thanks Antoine!)
- Included a Python script by Adam Twardoch that adds some useful stuff to the
- Moved the project to SourceForge.
TTX/FontTools Version 1.0 alpha 6 (released March 15 2000)
- Big reorganization: made ttLib a subpackage of the new fontTools package,
changed several module names. Called the entire suite "FontTools"
- Added several submodules to fontTools, some new, some older.
- Added experimental CFF/GPOS/GSUB support to ttLib, read-only (but XML dumping
of GPOS/GSUB is for now disabled)
- Fixed hdmx endian bug
- Added -b option to ttCompile.py, it disables recalculation of bounding boxes,
as requested by Werner Lemberg.
- Renamed tt2xml.pt to ttDump.py and xml2tt.py to ttCompile.py
- Use ".ttx" as file extension instead of ".xml".
- TTX is now the name of the XML-based *format* for TT fonts, and not just
Version 1.0 alpha 5 (never released)
- More tables supported: hdmx, vhea, vmtx
Version 1.0 alpha 3 & 4 (never released)
- fixed most portability issues
- retracted the "Euro_or_currency" change from 1.0a2: it was nonsense!
Version 1.0 alpha 2 (released as binary for MacOS, 2 May 1999)
- genenates full FOND resources: including width table, PS
font name info and kern table if applicable.
- added cmap format 4 support. Extra: dumps Unicode char names as XML comments!
- added cmap format 6 support
- now accepts true type files starting with "true"
(instead of just 0x00010000 and "OTTO")
- 'glyf' table support is now complete: I added support for composite scale,
xy-scale and two-by-two for the 'glyf' table. For now, component offset scale
behaviour defaults to Apple-style. This only affects the (re)calculation of
the glyph bounding box.
- changed "Euro" to "Euro_or_currency" in the Standard Apple Glyph order list,
since we cannot tell from the 'post' table which is meant. I should probably
doublecheck with a Unicode encoding if available. (This does not affect the
- 'hhea' table is now recalculated correctly
- fixed wrong assumption about sfnt resource names
Version 1.0 alpha 1 (27 Apr 1999)
- initial binary release for MacOS