All three systems are based on Debian "Jessie" (upcoming Debian 8) with certain elements of Debian "Sid" (unstable).
Kernel 3.18.0-8-exton and 3.19.0-5-exton.
As the name suggests, DebEX Barebone has only a minimum of software installed in advance. Among them AbiWord, LXTerminal, Thunar, Leafpad, AlsaPlayer, Wicd, Iceweasel (Firefox), Icedove (Thunderbird), GParted and Synaptic. In version 150122 and 150219 all common Gnome/Mate respectively KDE packages instead of Xfce4.
DebEX uses Apt (apt-get) and Synaptic. I have also installed Pacapt ("an Arch's pacman-like package manager").
I have deliberately kept down the number of installed applications to give you the pleasure of self-installing the ones YOU really need.
Xfce 4.12, Gnome 3.14/Mate 1.8.2 respectively KDE (Plasma) 4.14.3 are used as Desktop environments.
INSTALL TO HARD DRIVE
Just start DebEX Installer and follow the instructions.
- All three versions are based on Debian Jessie (testing) and Sid (unstable)
- Xfce 4.12 (released 150228), Gnome 3.14/Mate 1.8.2 respectively KDE 4.14.3 Desktop environment
- Kernel 3.18.0-8-exton and 3.19.0-5-exton
- Nvidia's proprietary graphic driver 340.65/346.35 in all three versions of DebEX
- Wicd for wireless connections. NetworkManager in version 150122 (Gnome)
- Kernel 3.18.1 /3.19.0 in DebEX Xfce4 and DebEX Gnome respectively DebEX KDE
- Fast systems
- DebEX Installer - works in the same way as Ubiquity
- USB installation in two ways
- Hard drive installation
- USB installation
- Runs from RAM - Boot alternative 2 - Copy to RAM
- Pacapt - "an Arch's pacman-like package manager
- Apt and Synaptic
- KDE 4.14.3/KDE Plasma Desktop 5:84 and common packages in version 150219 of DebEX
- Gnome 3.14 respectively Mate 1.8.2 common packages in version 150122 of DebEX
- 64 bit
- Kernel headers
- SMPlayer with all codecs in DebEX KDE
There are no 2 star reviews.