MeX 64 bit Linux is based on Linux Mint 17.1 - codenamed "Rebecca", released 20141129 and Ubuntu 14.10.
MeX uses the Cinnamon 2.4 Desktop environment and kernel 3.19.0-5-exton (Kernel.org's 3.19.0).
INSTALL TO HARD DRIVE/USB PEN DRIVE
MeX Linux can easily be installed to hard drive and/or USB pen drive (if you want). When running MeX from a USB pen drive you can enjoy persistence.
RUNS IN RAM
Another big improvement is that MeX now can run from RAM. When the system has booted up you can enjoy a really fast system! You’ll need at least 2 GB RAM to run MeX that way. I.e. superfast! When running from a DVD you can eject the DVD.
If you install MeX Linux to hard drive you will always get the latest package versions if you run the following commands: "sudo apt-get update" then "sudo apt-get upgrade".
Watch this slideshow: http://mex.exton.net/mex-installer-slideshow.html
It's so simple that a 10 year old child can do it.
- Based on Linux Mint 17.1 - codenamed "Rebecca", released 20141129
- Kernel 3.19.0-5-exton (Kernel.org's 3.19.0)
- Cinnamon 2.4 Desktop environment
- Also based on Ubuntu 14.10 "Utopic Unicorn" released 20141023
- Live installer - MeX Installer
- Simple USB installation with two scripts
- Kernel headers
- Runs from RAM - Copy to RAM - boot alternative 3
- All system changes are PERSISTENT - MeX on a USB pen drive
- Docky - a nice extra menu
- Google Chrome - for Netflix
Be the first to post a review of MeX Linux!