codonPhyML uses Markovian codon models of evolution in phylogeny reconstruction. Given a set of species characterized by their DNA sequences as input, codonPhyML will return the phylogenetic tree that best describes their evolutionary relationship. Our paper describing codonPhyML has been published in the journal "Molecular Biology and Evolution" (MBE). For more details, follow the link: http://mbe.oxfordjournals.org/content/30/6/1270. codonPhyML is on the cover of MBE! Check this out (August 2013): http://mbe.oxfordjournals.org/content/30/8.toc.
- Markovian codon models of evolution: Goldman & Yang 1994, Muse & Gaut 1994, Kosiol et al 2007, Schneider et al 2005, Yap et al 2010
- NNI and SPR tree topology search heuristic
- substitution rate parameters estimated by maximum likelihood
- multicore support through OpenMP
- likelihood comparable across different models (i.e. AA, NT and CODON)
There are no 4 star reviews.