butt (broadcast using this tool) is an easy to use, multi OS streaming tool.
It supports ShoutCast and IceCast and runs on Linux, MacOS and Windows.
The main purpose of butt is to stream live audio data from your computers Mic or Line input
to an Shoutcast or Icecast server. Recording is also possible.
It is NOT intended to be a server by itself or automatically stream a set of audio files.
- Works with SHOUTcast and Icecast
- Runs on all three major operating systems. Mac OS X, Linux and Windows up to 8.1
- Supports mp3, ogg/vorbis and ogg/opus for streaming
- Supports mp3, ogg/vorbis, ogg/opus, flac and wav for recording
- Is able to connect to a server after starting up automatically
- Is able to start a recording after connecting to a server automatically
- Recording can be split after a user defined amount of time
- Current song can either be updated manually or automatically by reading a file
- Configuration files can be imported and exported
- Status display shows infos about the current state (click on it)
- Automatically reconnects in case the connection has been interrupted
- Has a VU Meter with peak hold
- Is able to attentuate and amplify the input volume
- Can stream and record with different bitrates
- Display colors can be changed as desired
I have used this product for years to live stream into Second Life. It is easy to use and very dependable. Thanks :) Caoilte Skytower
I've been streaming live music with the BUTT broadcaster for 6 years. I've never had any issues with it. I'd love it if you would create a broadcaster for use on my android tablet. CelticMaidenWarrior
Hello, I installed my butt for streaming radio, but after installation and everything ok, I started to notice some brief and random interruptions during transmission, and that I was not with SimpleCast. I would use the butt for transmission band name. Any suggestions?
butt is THE BEST encoder. Stable, uses minimal resources, so much better than others we have used.
Butt is great! Thanks.