AspeQt is the free Atari serial peripheral emulator for Qt. This program emulates various Atari 8-bit family peripherals, most notably the disk drives via an SIO2PC cable.
- Up to 15 disk drive emulation with hide/show drive groups and mini mode option
- Up to 6 x SIO speed (127,000bps)
- Support for ATR, XFD, and PRO disk images
- Mount folders as emulated disks, allows booting various DOSes from folders
- Disk image explorer with drag and drop support allows disk image manipulation
- Directly boot Atari executables with option for multiple-reboots
- Text only printer emulation with PC print, save, and ATASCII font support
- Cassette image playback at normal or high-speed
- Multilingual GUI (English, Polish, Slovak, German, Spanish, Turkish and Russian)
- AspeQt client module (AspeCl) for Atari, communicates with the server and performs a variety of remote operations
- And more.....
I describe AspeQt in one word as “delivers”. Simple, to the point and Free piece of GEM. Wish it has the 1050 to PC feature.
This is a fantastic piece of software! Hats off to the developer for writing this and providing a free alternative to APE. I modified my SIO2PC RS232 adapter to work with a FTDI USB chip and it works great under AspeQt. Keep up the good work!
Aspeqt works fine.
Great software :)
A great piece of software which actually convinced me to start coding again. It's a very good example of what Atari enthousiasts can do to contribute to the Atari 8 bit community.