Menu

AutoPilot and multithreading

Rainette
2014-12-05
2014-12-25
  • Rainette

Rainette - 2014-12-05

Hello,
    this is my first post on this forum and before writing my question i have to tell you that i'm not a good english speaker but i'll try to write like Shakespeare do.

I want to use VTD in a multhreading context. I parse an XML document and then i instanciate some AutoPilot to perform XPath. That works fine except in some obscure cases.
    For exemple, i apply this process on several files, the first step is to check that the root element is correct. Sometimes that fails, and never on the same file.
    I checked my code a long time but i didn't find error.
    I looked VTD source code and i saw two static members in AutoPilot(line 52/75) and AutoPilotHuge(line 50/66). I don't understand this static members. Furthermore, one is set in constructors, the other one in namespaces declaration, and both without any synchronization mechanism.
    I omitted to say that i always use namespace in my xpath evaluations.

Is it a mistake ? why this members are static whereas others are not ? Any one has already used VTD in multithreading and namespace enabled?

Thanks for your answers

• Rainette

Rainette - 2014-12-08

I rewrite this part of code, remove the static attribute and that solves my problem.
    I'll open a new bug.

• jimmy zhang

jimmy zhang - 2014-12-25

hi, I think this is a known bug that has been fixed...