Menu

tkCVS, new tcl/tk and Mac OSX

2008-07-21
2013-04-17
  • Alexey Ivanov

Alexey Ivanov - 2008-07-21

Can you make latest tkCVS with latest version tcl/tk for mac os x? i know that new tcl/tk native support mac os x and work more faster that older.

thanks and sorry for my very bad english

• DorothyR

DorothyR - 2008-07-22

Yes, TkCVS has been tested with wish8.5.  The .dmg provided for MacOS is based on wish8.4, but you can simply install TkCVS from the platform-independent .gz package.  If you install it in /usr/local, and /usr/local/bin is in your path, you can invoke tkcvs from the command line, and it will find wish by itself.  If you've installed wish8.5 on your Mac, there should be a /usr/bin/wish -> /usr/bin/wish8.5.

dorothy

• Alexey Ivanov

Alexey Ivanov - 2009-06-25

hi. i try create latest tkcvs with newer TclTkAquaStandalone from http://www.categorifiedcoder.info/tcltk/. But i have small problem with double click on directories name in main window tkcvs. This work only if me clicked on directory icon. Where my problem?

Thanks

• DorothyR

DorothyR - 2009-07-05

Isn't the latest AquaStandalone the tk8.6 beta?  I haven't tried that yet.  Given how many issues Tk Aqua tends to have, I wouldn't be surprised if there are problems.  I thought they were converting from Carbon to Cocoa, which is a _huge_ change.  I usually  give it a good long time to stabilize before I even try it.

dorothy