This software is just getting started based on a demo I made back in 2006.
First we're probably going to
- fix dragging-related bugs
- finish separation of game tiles and rules from generic library
- make alternative rule- and tilesets
- abstract tile structure further to enable different logical sizes and shapes for tiles
in no particular order and whatever each of us feels like doing.
I'd guess we'll settle on LGPL as the License.
Please go ahead and give the current demo a try at
Want to participate? Throw a patch at <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
You may also want to clone the version control:
hg clone static-http://www.areality.org/~kato/tilescape/
I'm going to set up the following at some point:
- writable version control [DONE]
- developer mailing list
- bug/task tracker
- the other things explained at http://producingoss.com/en/producingoss.html
Kalle Hallivuori <email@example.com>
PS. Fun hack revealed when installing hgweb: You can actually play the game even via hgweb at
PS2. Commits via web interface now work. Just request an account, then you can
hg clone http://user:firstname.lastname@example.org/hg/tilescape
and after edits:
hg ci -m 'what did I do' && hg push
puts it into the central repo and even updates the static web view.