BUG? Problem with SYMMETRICDS 3.7.38 and ORACLE 10g / 11g

Help
l.luise
2016-10-20
2016-10-26
  • l.luise

l.luise - 2016-10-20

Hello,

I have a big problem as in subject and I think this is a bug.

I'm using SymDs 3.7.38 and Oracle 11g ( I tried also 11g and Express)

I have some tables, for example

ODC_TABLE
    ODC_TABLE_NOSYNC
    ODC_SORT
    ODC_TABLE_ALSO_NOSYNC

I use the (among other confs) the following statement to insert the conf of the tables I want to sync

insert into SYM_TRIGGER (trigger_id,source_table_name,channel_id,last_update_time,create_time, sync_on_delete, sync_on_incoming_batch, use_capture_lobs, use_handle_key_updates)
    values ('T_TABLE_1',
    'ODC_TABLE,ODC_SORT',
    'C_TABLE_1', current_timestamp, current_timestamp, 1, 1, 1, 1);

Well, Symmetric is starting with no errors and creating tables and triggers

BUT

IT IS CREATING TRIGGERS also for tables ODC_TABLE_NOSYNC and ODC_TABLE_ALSO_NOSYNC!

I don't want to synchronize them and more they are not existing in destination schema (because i don't want syncing them) thus giving some errors in batchhes.

It is like SymmetricDs is considering ODC_TABLE as a prefix (but I don't use wilcard) and not as a single table name.

Could you explain why?

And another minor problem is that "source_table_name" field is defined as varchar(255) within symmetricds thus limiting the number of tables to be replicated, especially if they have long names.

Thanks

• l.luise

l.luise - 2016-10-21

Hello,
    I looked at sources and I know understand the decision to activate "wildcard mode" when at least a comma "," is matched into source_table_name, even without wildcard * or ! .

I think it will be more clear if when is specified

"TABLE_A,TABLE_B"

I actually want only that 2 tables with exact match and not tables with prefix TABLE_A... or TABLE_B.

Very confusing.

If I'd want that, I can specify "TABLE_A,TABLE_B".

Can someaone confirm this odd behaviour?

Thanks.

• Eric Long

Eric Long - 2016-10-26

Sorry that's confusing. The commas are only used for matching wildcard names. To name specific tables, you need multiple entries in sym_trigger.