Menu

Disable a node when MySQL connection is not through

Help
2013-06-14
2015-05-28
  • Sony Sebastian

Sony Sebastian - 2013-06-14

Hi,

My symmetricDS set up is like this, I have a central server and number of client nodes. Some times the nodes will get disconnected from the network, but symmetricDS will try to connect to it(MySQL connection). Is there a way to reduce MySQL connection retry frequency when a connection request is failed?

Thanks,
    sony

• Chris Henson

Chris Henson - 2013-06-19

Not really. Anytime a SymmetricDS job runs it usually does work against the database, so it will try to get a connection. Maybe you could schedule the various jobs to not run so often.

In the future we could add a watchdog feature that monitors the database availability and disables functionality until the database is available again.

Feel free to request that feature in the issue tracker.

• ubuster

ubuster - 2015-05-19

Hi,
    I´m continuing this problem. Now there is a watchdoging functional. How about the watchdog settings when a client is off for a couple od days and then will suddenly connect to network. What will happen with syncing this client? Will be any data lost? May I set the watchdog parameter 'job.watchdog.period.time.ms' to days?
    Thanks,
    ubuster

• Chris Henson

Chris Henson - 2015-05-28

If a node is offline and it gets disabled by the watchdog job, then data is no longer captured for it. When it comes back online it would need to do another initial load or you would have to do something manually to get it back in sync.