Menu

About staden install

2006-09-14
2013-04-18
  • Nobody/Anonymous

Dear Sir

Sorry to disturb you, but I met some problems in my work. I have downloded staden Software Package(staden-linux-x86-1-7-0.tar.gz  and  staden-src-1-7-0.tar.gz) from your website. The problem is when I typing 'make' in the directory /home/soft/staden/staden-src-1-7-0, the result is aways like this(I have typed 'make clean' before):

make[1]: *** [Misc] Error 2
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/soft/staden/staden-src-1-7-0/src'
    make: *** [all] Error 2

environment variable :

export STADENROOT=/home/soft/staden/staden-linux-x86-1-7-0/
    . $STADENROOT/staden.profile

so when I type gap4, it aways show

stash: error while loading shared libraries: libtk_utils.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I realy don't know what is wrong with my work. Hope get your hlep informations!

regards!

Kai Wang
    wangk@chgc.sh.cn

• deKesi

deKesi - 2006-09-15

Hi,

first you have to differ between the two packages you just have downloaded.
      staden-linux-x86-1-7-0.tar.gz is ready compiled and should work "out of the box" after extracting the archive.
      staden-src-1-7-0.tar.gz provides the package source code and should be used if you want to compile the staden package by yourself.

for the moment choose one of them und try to get this one to run.

to solve your first problem (the "make") you should show us more output.

a first step to solve your second problem would be to check if on your system a libary is installed which provides "libtk_utils.so". Look for "tk" or similiar names.

Kind regards

deKesi

• Nobody/Anonymous

yeah, I have try to install both of the two Package but nother of them will work.I have send a email to you (archive@iubio.bio.indiana.edu) with more informations,hope this time it will work.
      wangk@chgc.sh.cn
      regards!

• Nobody/Anonymous

I also have the following problem and when trying to run it on fedora 5. I can't find any "libtk_utils.so" except the one in STADENROOT. Is there anything else I can do.

$ pregap4
      stash: error while loading shared libraries: libtk_utils.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

• Bioinformatics-Jr

are you download all package tcl/tk and package iwidget?