Menu

Z80 Banked Code Problems

OLM
2008-07-23
2013-03-12
  • OLM

OLM - 2008-07-23

I am trying to build a project with banked code.  I keep getting conflicting error messages, such as use -r, -r no longer supported use --xdata-loc, --xdata-loc unknown

Does anyone have a small banked code project that I could look at to figure out how to get this to work?

--------------------Configuration: Banked - Debug--------------------
    SDCC --use-stdout --no-std-crt0 -mmcs51 -c -o bank.rel ..\bank.c
    ..\bank.c:30:2: warning: no newline at end of file
    SDCC --use-stdout --codeseg BANK1 --no-std-crt0 -mmcs51 -c -o time_keep.rel ..\time_keep.c
    SDCC --use-stdout --debug -r -Wl-bBANK1=0x011000 --xdata-loc --xram-loc 0x5000 -mmcs51 --out-fmt-ihx bank.rel time_keep.rel
    output extended linear address record 0x1 0x0
    output extended linear address record 0x0 0x1
    warning: extended linear address encountered; you probably want the -r flag.
    -:0: warning 118: option '-r' no longer supported  'use --xdata-loc instead'
    -:0: warning 117: unknown compiler option '--xdata-loc' ignored
    Banked.hex - 0 error(s), 5 warning(s)

• Maarten Brock

Maarten Brock - 2008-07-24

Hi,

I suggest you first make up your mind about which microcontroller you intend to use. In the topic subject you type Z80 but in your commands you use -mmcs51.

Maarten

• Jacques Pelletier

I don't know if SDCC supports banking for the Z80, but I have some assembler routines for doing banking code with the Z80. It should be compilable with the SDCC's assembler.

If you're interested, you can send me an email at jpelletier@ieee.org