Menu

'-Wall' option ceases compilation

scarphin
2011-07-16
2013-03-12
  • scarphin

scarphin - 2011-07-16

Hi,
    I'm using SDCC v3.0.0. When using the command line option '-Wall', compilation stops at the assembly phase on the 'mcs51' target under XP SP3 whether there is a warning or not. That doesn't seem to be normal behaviour, is it a bug? I haven't tried any snapshots, are they stable enough? Thnx…

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2011-07-18

Try a snapshot. They are pretty solid in my experience (OS X & Linux hosts, mcs51 target).

Phil

• scarphin

scarphin - 2012-01-12

I tried it with SDCC v3.1.0 and behaviour is the same. It still stops at the assembly phase. What am I missing? Can someone check this pls. Thnx…

XP SP3

• Maarten Brock

Maarten Brock - 2012-01-12

Didn't you get some unexpected output that was worth mentioning? When I try it here I get usage info from the assembler.

And where did you get the idea that -Wall was a valid option for SDCC in the first place? It's not in the manual.

Everything you pass to SDCC after -Wa is passed on to the assembler as described in the manual. And the assembler doesn't understand 'll'.

• scarphin

scarphin - 2012-01-13

Oh well, that explains why I got the usage info too. I'm deeply sorry for this, I dug so deep to find an 'enable all warnings' option that I must have mixed it with GCC's manual or something. To close this matter may I ask what is the option to enable all warnings, or is there any at all? Thnx a lot for the help.

• Maarten Brock

Maarten Brock - 2012-01-13

All warnings are enabled by default. You can only ask for less by using -less-pedantic or -disable-warning.