Screem version: 0.17.1 +cvs up to December 3, 2006
System: Mac OS X 10.4.8
Options: enchant and dbus enabled
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open a file in screem
2. Highlight the fragment of text to be replaced
Here it will be for example: Sommaire chapitre 1
3. Use Ctrl-C to copy the fragment
4. Use Ctrl-F to open the search and replace dialog
5. Pass the fragment in Search field with Ctrl-V
6. Pass the fragment in Replace field with Ctrl-V and modify it
It will be for example: Sommaire chapitre 2
7. Check that the From start box is checked
8. Click on Replace all
The first line to be replaced gives:
Other lines are correctly replaced.
It seems that the first time the replacement string is added at the end of the search string.
Note that if the replacement is made on several files, subsequent files are correctly changes.
Note also that if the search string is thereafter changed manually inside the same search and replace dialog, together with a new replacement string, the changes are also correctly applied.
I've attached the file I used to test.