Menu

how to import multiple rss feeds from a page or site?

wyat
2014-09-04
2014-09-18
  • wyat

wyat - 2014-09-04

hey folks - ok say there are 20 rss feeds on a page that i want to import into rssowl - is there a way to do this automatedly/quicker/easier, or do i have to import each feed manually?

it seems that the import feeds from file/site feature does not work very well (for me at least)
    thank you!

• sg2002

sg2002 - 2014-09-07

Get them into OPML any way that you would find easy and then just import it. That's your best bet.

• wyat

wyat - 2014-09-18

sg2002, thanks for the thoughts, how do you usually go about that? i'm wondering the best way.
    say there's a forum with an rss feed for each subforum, which could easily be 20 different feeds on the page - it seems there would be an easier way to grab the feeds off the page, than to have to manually copy each feed's link and paste them into rssowl (in the cases where rssowl's feed importer doesn't work, which i have found to be often in the case of forums).
    i'm surprised no-one has written a browser plugin to accomplish this or something.
    thanks

• sg2002

sg2002 - 2014-09-18

I don't think many people have this problem, since even the more extreme feed junkies like me don't usually import dozens of feeds every day.

In case of firefox, set it to automatically subscribe to feed using live bookmarks, open and subscribe to every feed you need, then export using OPML export extension. Import into RSSOwl and you're done. There's probably a similar way for other browsers.