Ctrl+Tab not working Ubuntu 12.04

Help
Anonymous
2012-11-15
2013-04-05
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2012-11-15

Hi,
    I really love rgedit, it's certainly my favourite IDE for R. However, since coming back (to an upgraded ubuntu) after a while away from work I am unable to switch between the gedit .r file and the (attached) rgedit console using Ctrl+Tab. The cursor disappears from the .r file but doesn't arrive in the console. It's a rather important time and effort saving function for me, and I'm not sure how to solve the problem.

I'm on Ubuntu 12.04, gedit 3.4.1 and Rgedit 0.7.1.2-GTK3

Thanks,
    Ali

• Dan Dediu

Dan Dediu - 2012-11-19

Hi Ali,

thanks for the bug report - I'll investigate it as soon as I can as I'm working on a new version altogether :)

Thanks,
    Dan

• Robert Stojnic

Robert Stojnic - 2013-03-20

Hi Dan,

I have the same problem. Are there any workarounds available? Thanks for great work!

Cheers, Robert

• Dan Dediu

Dan Dediu - 2013-03-21

Hi Robert,

I'll have a look as soon as I can find the time :) What exactyl version of rgedit are you using?

Thanks for the report,
    Dan

• Robert Stojnic

Robert Stojnic - 2013-03-21

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the speedy reply. I am using the latest version (0.8.0.1-Gtk3) and gedit 3.4.1 (default in Ubuntu 12.04).

Cheers, Robert

• Robert Stojnic

Robert Stojnic - 2013-03-26

Hi Dan,

Possibly related, Ctrl-Q and Esc also do not work to break computation. This is much more disruptive than the ctrl-tab issue because there is no workaround, that is, there is no way to break long computations in the R console.

Cheers, Robert

• Dan Dediu

Dan Dediu - 2013-03-31

Hi guys,

I just released 0.8.0.2-Gtk3 which fixes the Ctrl+Tab and Ctrl+C issues for Gtk3. For breaking the computation under Gtk3, please note that currently ESC and Ctrl+Q do *not* work, but good old Ctrl+C does (but has the consequence that for copying the selection in the R console you must use Ctrl+X). This is because I didn't yet find a reliable way of sending R a fake Ctrl+C when ESC is actually pressed (I can do that in Gtk2 without problems though)…

Dan

• Robert Stojnic

Robert Stojnic - 2013-04-01

Hi Dan,

Brilliant work! I can confirm it works on Ubuntu 12.04. Thanks very much for you work.

Cheers, Robert

• Dan Dediu

Dan Dediu - 2013-04-01

Hi Robert,

I'm glad it works! It had to do with the transition from Gtk2 to Gtk3 (I must admit that I still use gedit 2.30 on my machines, but I'll transition at some point in the near future as well)

Best,
    Dan