Welcome to phpMyAdmin 4.1.0.
This release contains many improvements and bug fixes. With this release the minimum supported PHP version is now 5.3 and the minimum MySQL version is 5.5.
A few highlights include:
- Allow specifying a port when connecting to the controlhost
- User interface improvements to server privileges, view creation, the Operations tab, Relation View, and when creating new users
- Added support for AES_ENCRYPT on BLOB columns
- Added support for relations with ndbcluser
- Added optional ReCAPTCHA support during login
- Added support for fractional seconds in time, datetime, and timestamp columns
- Added find and replace by column
- Added the Error Reporting Component, an optional feature allowing users to report certain errors directly to the phpMyAdmin bug team
- Added configurable menus (so an administrator can hide certain features)
- The SQP and MySQLManual* configuration directives have been removed.
For complete information, please view changelog.php or the ChangeLog file,
included with this release.