Menu

Newbie & GDBI

Help
2004-09-20
2004-09-20
  • Greg Martin

Greg Martin - 2004-09-20

Ok, so I downloaded and installed pgv last night.  very nice, easy to install and I was up in less then an hour.  'Good on ya' for the hard work.

Today I was foolling around trying to add a sibling and figured I must be doing something wrong.  So I located and downloaded GDBI.  Another nice tool. 

Here's what I can't figure out (warning: newbie question!) - I see gdbi is updating the ged file on the server, but pgv is not displaying the changes.  How does it get refreshed.  Must I re-import?

Thanks in advance

\\Greg

• Daniel Kionka

Daniel Kionka - 2004-09-20

Yes, in order to see the changes you must accept them, which ends up re-importing the GEDCOM file.  This is the rule whether you edit with GDBI or with the PGV web page directly.

Actually, if you want to "see" them without accepting them, look for the link:

This record has been updated. Click here to show changes.

• Greg Martin

Greg Martin - 2004-09-20

I didn't see that link at the bottom - thanks.  If I can ask further.  If I grant edit rights to someone - will admin always have to accept changes?  I like that approach.

--
        If I can add one minor suggestion.  On the pgv website where GDBI is discussed - maybe a short note that changes have to be accepted with the link over to the docs??

\\Greg