Menu

Cannot make static method GedcomRecord::getInstance() non static in class

Help
2013-06-01
2013-06-05
  • Max Sverdlove

Max Sverdlove - 2013-06-01

Hi, my server automatically upgraded MySQL to version 5.1 a few months back. However, one of my clients just contacted me to inform me that since then his phpGedView hasn't worked correctly. I don't think he ever made a backup of his dB, and my server backups from when the upgrade was done are long gone. I got it working only partially by reinstalling the latest version (which he swears was the install he had before), but I have honestly no clue what is wrong now...

I keep getting: Fatal error: Cannot make static method GedcomRecord::getInstance() non static in class Person in /home/andrew/public_html/phpgedview/includes/class_person.php on line 1808

But line 1808 is only a }

http://www.ldorvdor.net/phpgedview/

Any help that can be provided would be greatly appreciated.

• Gerry Kroll

Gerry Kroll - 2013-06-02

You should install PhpGedView version 4.3. The download location and instructions are in a Help topic post a little below this one. The title of this post begins with "Repost: Download "SVN" version".

Be sure to follow the instructions precisely.

• Max Sverdlove

Max Sverdlove - 2013-06-03

I did, I'm afraid that perhaps the upgrade hosed the dB. Is this possible? Some pages are working, as he can log in to specific parts. I also know that my client had installed several add-on modules. But I can't figure out why it won't work... I'm not familiar with phpGedView. Is it possible that the GEDCOM files are corrupt? I'm not familiar with GED files either...

• Lester Caine

Lester Caine - 2013-06-03

Max ... start by disabling E_STRICT in the PHP setup. It's not just MySQl that has been upgraded but also the version of PHP, and in PHP5.4 E_STRICT is on by dfault, and you need to switch it off.

• Stephen Arnold

Stephen Arnold - 2013-06-04

Also, please remove all your custom modules and switch to a standard theme. You can not be sure that any custom items have been updated and they may conflict with the code.

• Max Sverdlove

Max Sverdlove - 2013-06-04

I can't access the admin panel, it won't let me log-in. :( I get that original error message when I try to log-in.

Also wish I knew what custom modules/themes my client installed. I asked him for a list, but he hasn't gotten back to me yet.

And my server stats are:

Apache version 2.2.24
    PHP version 5.3.22
    MySQL version 5.1.68-cll

• Andrew I. Sverdlove

I don't think I made any special modules

Andrew I Sverdlove
      Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 4, 2013, at 11:05 AM, "Max Sverdlove" maxsverdlove@users.sf.net wrote:

I can't access the admin panel, it won't let me log-in. :( I get that original error message when I try to log-in.

Also wish I knew what custom modules/themes my client installed. I asked him for a list, but he hasn't gotten back to me yet.

And my server stats are:

Apache version 2.2.24
      PHP version 5.3.22
      MySQL version 5.1.68-cll

Cannot make static method GedcomRecord::getInstance() non static in class

Sent from sourceforge.net because you indicated interest in https://sourceforge.net/p/phpgedview/discussion/185166/

To unsubscribe from further messages, please visit https://sourceforge.net/auth/subscriptions/

• Gerry Kroll

Gerry Kroll - 2013-06-04

If the originally reported error message is accurate, there's NO WAY that the version of PGV that was running was 4.2 or higher.

The directory structure of PGV was re-organized in 4.2.

• Max Sverdlove

Max Sverdlove - 2013-06-05

Fatal error: Cannot make static method GedcomRecord::getInstance() non static in class Person in /home/andrew/public_html/phpgedview/includes/class_person.php on line 1808

That's what I'm getting when I try to log in..... I'm quite certain I downloaded the latest 4.3 SVN... I'll try removing everything and try again later. I'll post back with the results...

• Gerry Kroll

Gerry Kroll - 2013-06-05

The script "class_person.php" should be in directory "includes/classes".

The line on which the error occurred does not make sense. I think you might have an improperly installed PhpGedView, with scripts from several different versions all mixed together.

Look at the "class_person.php" script that appears to be in the wrong location. Somewhere near the beginning (line 24 in the version I'm looking at) there will be a line that identifies the version. What's this say?

Please note that the SVN (or 4.3) version pointed to by the download mentioned in the Help file won't have a proper version identifier. This is a shortcoming of the method SourceForge used to create the downloadable snapshot of the SVN repository.