Menu

Update Successful Window

2005-03-12
2013-05-30
  • Mark Heiman

Mark Heiman - 2005-03-12

[I've just been working with the 3.3beta, and it's a huge leap -- great work!]

I find when I'm doing data edits through the web (which I prefer in many cases to using a local app) that the "Update Successful" confirmation popup really seems like a drag on efficiency -- it's an extra point and click (or keystroke) for every edit.  If the update was successful, I don't need to be told -- I can see the changes when the page reloads.

I think a better behavior would be to only show the popup if there's a problem that needs to be reported -- otherwise, the application should just reload the page where the change was made.

I can make the change on my local copy of the code, but I wanted to see if changing the behavior made sense to anyone else, and should be considered for a future version.

• John Finlay

John Finlay - 2005-03-14

We have to post back to that same window to ensure that the same privacy rules are applied, but if there were no errors we could automatically close the window and update the page.

--John

• Mark Heiman

Mark Heiman - 2005-03-15

That would be a good solution.  If you wanted to, you could make a user option -- "Automatically dismiss successful change confirmation after N seconds."  Set to 0, it would be almost like it wasn't there at all.