This utility is a wrapper for the decoder "otrdecode" and offers
a frontend to easily decode single or multiple files recorded via
THE SOFTWARE PROVIDED HEREBY IS PROVIDED AS IS AND
ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY IS GUARANTEED HEREBY!
The software is licensed under the GNU General Public License. See LICENSE for
This software was written in my freetime, so please don't expect any miracles. If you
want to provide me with feedback you are welcome to do so. If you want to
donate, fine! In all these cases please refer to the project page at
Other readme sources you find in this distribution
INSTALL - installation instructions
LICENSE - license this software is shipped with
CHANGELOG - History about all changes
FAQ - Frequently asked questions
VERSION - contains current version number
Let's have fun !
Installation of the Software
Please refer to INSTALL
Compilation of the Software
To compile this software you need the following
* This release was built using XCode 2.4.x
* You need the utility framework Encore which can be downloaded at: http://sourceforge.net/projects/fortytwo/
- Download, compile and install this framework
Currently you have to update the xcode project setting of Encore in order to
cross compile / use universal binaries
- After this installation correct add Encore.framework to the OTRUtility as follows:
+ Add it to Frameworks/Linked Frameworks/Encore.framework
+ Add it to Targets/OTRUtility/Copy Frameworks
* In XCode choose the desired target and build configuration
* You are now ready to build the software!
Additional notes related to the compilation of the software:
* For testing purposes you may not to always run a "real" decode process. In this case use
the build configuration "Debug_faked". It defines
the following macro:
defining this macro will use unix command "/bin/sleep 5" as "decoder". This is
for testing purposes only.
* Please use the target Create DMG with care. Right now i do not know wheter
it runs correctly on your platform. In case you have any doubts, simply create
your dmg file manually by running a normal build and assigning the result and other
files manually to a dmg image.
* The build target "Create Src Tarball" requires the project to be *exported* so that
it does not contain any repository information (svn, cvs, ...). Otherwise they will be
stored in the archive which is more or less ugly -> needs improvement here.
* For latest changes please refer to CHANGELOG.
* Files which are added via double clicks within the Finder can only be added once. This means
if you remove a previously added item and try to add it via the double click once again, then
nothing happens. Workaround: Add it using another possibility, like e. g. drag'n drop or