A new version of OpenSceneGraph Audio Library is available with fixes and new features:
- Updating to support the new osg 2.0 release.
- Removed dependency of Producer, now using core osg::Viewer
- Fixed bug causing sound not playing when reading from .osg file.
- Added key "streamFileName" to make it possible to play .ogg files specified from a .osg file.
- Fixes to build system under linux
- Using VisualStudio8 project files (only)
- Improved FileStream code now using less CPU. Several new examples of FileStreaming.
- Added Capture functionality to stream from microphone.
- OpenAL++ is now merged into osgAL.
Alberto Jaspe (videaLAB / University of La Corua) has contributed with IO support for osgAL. It is now possible to build a scene with sound, and save it to a .osg file for later readback. Also authoring a scene with sound can now be done using the .osg file format.
Several bugfixes regarding doppler effect was also fixed.
The OpenSceneGraph Audio Library (osgAL) is a object oriented toolkit for handling 3D sound in the popular scenegraph OpenSceneGraph (OSG) http://www.openscenegraph.org. OsgAL depends on OpenAL++ to handle the rendering of 3D sound through OpenAL.
A very simple occlusion demo is included that make soundsources occluded by geometry sound less.