Menu

UDL File For INI-like user language

Chuck
2015-02-06
2015-02-13
  • Chuck

Chuck - 2015-02-06

I have a couple of text files that look alot like the old windows ini files. I have been able to port them over from my old TextPad syntax files and they look great. The one feature I would really like to enable is folding based on [Sections].

I have been able to figure out almost how to get there. It is clear that notepad++ can do this just fine using the built in .ini file processor but when I try to mimic this with a user defined file I'm having no luck. It appears that it is using the "ini_section" to specify a custom parser named ini_section.

I can't see how to make my UDL use this parser to parse my files correctly.

Is there an example somewhere that shows how to do this...or even just a hint of how to connect this configuration setup with my UDL?

• Loreia2

Loreia2 - 2015-02-09

Hi Chuck,

can you share a small code sample so I could see what are you trying to fold?

Regards,
    Loreia

• Chuck

Chuck - 2015-02-12

Sure, the files configure many views that a camera takes, as well as some support config data.

[UserDialog]
      Height = 640
      Width = 480

[View1]
      StartHeight = 3.8500 in
      EndHeight = 20.4000 in
      ScanSpeed = 0.3500 in/s
      Angle = 0
      ReverseSpeed = 2.0000 in/s
      TimeOffset = 5

[View2]
      StartHeight = 3.8500 in
      EndHeight = 20.4000 in
      ScanSpeed = 0.3500 in/s
      Angle = 35
      ReverseSpeed = 2.0000 in/s
      TimeOffset = 5

I would like to fold this down to

+[UserDialog]
      +[View1]
      +[View2]

If I save my file off with .ini extension it works fine because it is using the built in support for MS INI. I have tried many permutations editing the function list, UDL file and langs.xml without luck

Last edit: Chuck 2015-02-12
  • Loreia2

Loreia2 - 2015-02-13

Hi Chuck,

this is not possible. To support this, UDL would need to support "empty line" as keyword type.

Best regards,
    Loreia

• Chuck

Chuck - 2015-02-13

Loereia2:

I don't need any support for blank or empty lines.

There currently is support for INI files in Notepad++. My format is EXACTLY the same as INI files and my files are folded correctly with Notepad++ regardless of blank lines IF I save them with .ini file extension (e.g. change .spr to .ini). What must I do to allow notepad++ to treat files with my file extension (.spr in this case) the same way as it treats INI files?

If I add .SPR in the lang.xml file like this:
    <Language name="ini" ext="ini inf reg url spr" commentLine=";">
    </Language>

The code is folded just fine..but I loose my keywords...

Last edit: Chuck 2015-02-13