Menu

Notepad++ 6

Don HO
2012-03-26
2013-08-14
<< < 1 2 3 4 5 > >> (Page 2 of 5)
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2012-03-27

I am noticing a regression regarding the performance of large files (~7K lines) in xml whilst folded (empahasis on folded). The performance appears to be decreased many fold and make particular files almost unworkable.

• nofun

nofun - 2012-03-27

Could you provide me the instruction to reproduce the crash?

Now I can't reproduce it in couple with Document Map directly, but here's how I can crash Npp for sure:
    1) Unpack unicode version .7z and start it
    2) Apply any of Solarized theme, don't change fonts (Inconsolata-dz chosen as default for these themes), just select and save
    3) Now open, for example, stylers.model.xml
    4) Ctrl+mouse scroll to zoom out
    6) When font-size is roughly the same as the size used by Document Map Npp crashes.
    I don't have Inconsolata-dz font. If I set some other, Npp crashes no more.

Also I managed somehow to catch this exception on Npp start (Document Map was open undocked at the moment) and Npp created a dump: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21026751/NppDump.7z

Hope it helps.

• Reaped Brain

Reaped Brain - 2012-03-27

Set Choko or Obsidian theme, then open this file - your got a crash.

Set Default theme, turn on Document Map. Open same file (see link above), mark text from label ":scanNano" to the beginning and delete. After that Notepad++ not responde, cpu usage highly increased.

• Reaped Brain

Reaped Brain - 2012-03-27

Sorry, broken link - this file.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2012-03-27

That binary did indeed fix the UDL syntax colouring with the document map.

Thanks donho!

• Silviu

Silviu - 2012-03-27

Hello all!
    I use Notepad++ and for me is very useful. Also I use Windows 7.
    So in Windows 7 I saw an error. This error doesn't appear into Notepad++ 5.9.2 version, but from version 5.9.3 the error is present. So also in 6.0 version the error persist.
    So in Settings -> Preferences -> Backup/Auto-Completion -> I check the radio: "Enable auto-completion on each input". After this, I want to change the number of auto-completion start character from 1 to 3, but this doesn't work. So I can't change this number; (Where is written: "From 1 th character", I make onclick on 1 and in the new smaller window which appear is not possible to type no characters). So the error is that: I can't change the start auto-completion character (I saw this in Windows 7).
    Thank you very much!

• Henrik Jensen

Henrik Jensen - 2013-08-14

Workaround for the "From 1 th character" Dialog bug:
      Step by step instruction in ticket #3617

• digory

digory - 2012-03-27

I've just met the same issue. It'd be great to hear if anybody has a work around, think I need AuthoHotKey AHK highlighting more than I need the very appealing Document Map ~  though I'd rather have both.

.d.

• Henrik Jensen

Henrik Jensen - 2013-08-14

Workaround for the "From 1 th character" Dialog bug:
      Step by step instruction in ticket #3617

• rexx

rexx - 2012-03-28

I used to find trailing spaces with reg exp "\s$" in several files, it's very useful.
    But in v6.0 it found "\r\n\r\n" as well.
    Is that caused by PCRE (Perl Compatible Regular Expressions)?
    (I don't know what it is actually)
    Can I turn it off?
    Or how can I just find trailing spaces?
    Thanks!

• Nutznieser

Nutznieser - 2012-03-28

Block Comment/Uncomment commands in Menü 'Edit' are only still accessible for an active selection. In previous versions the operations could be used also at none-selection (just the cursor positioning line).
    Why this changing behavior?

• Loreia2

Loreia2 - 2012-03-28

Hi rexx26,

if you want to search for spaces only, use
    " +$" (without quotation marks)
    (that's <space><plus><dollar>)

If you want to search for both spaces and tabs, use:
    "+$"
    (<open bracket><space><tab>>close bracket><plus><dollar>)

BR
    Loreia

• Al7070

Al7070 - 2012-03-28

Where is  console  icon?

• rexx

rexx - 2012-03-28

Hi Loreia,

Thanks!

• Reaped Brain

Reaped Brain - 2012-03-28

New binary (http://notepad-plus-plus.org/tmp/npp.zip) fixed my problems too, thank you!

• Al7070

Al7070 - 2012-03-28

i found a new working version of NppExec, thank you!

• jdlyga

jdlyga - 2012-03-28

"Toggle Block Comment" no longer works for single lines in C++.  It only toggles comment/uncomment for multiple lines now.  This is a very important feature for me that I use frequently.

• jdlyga

jdlyga - 2012-03-28

Update to the last post.  It looks like every menu selection under "Comment/Uncomment" only works if you have text selected now.  In 5.9 and below, it would toggle commenting of a line if you had the cursor on a line with nothing selected or text selected.  This is the behavior I expected in 6.0, but it appears to have been changed.

• Andriy Astakhov

Andriy Astakhov - 2012-03-28

Bug ID: 3512416.
    Notepad++ crash after Undo.
    Steps: Select All (Ctrl+A) (file with more then 3000 lines) paste (Ctrl+V) new content nearly the same size and contents (a little bit larger) then press Ctrl+Z to Undo this action. As a result Notepad++ crashed. See minidump attached to corresponding ticket, hope it'll help. Also after saving minidump there was another message box with error about pure virtual function call.

• Don HO

Don HO - 2012-03-28

@eastpak1980:

I cannot reproduce the crash.
    Did you try on the other machine?

Don

• Andriy Astakhov

Andriy Astakhov - 2012-03-28

@donho:

No I didn't. But now I can 100% reproduce the error with one of my file (> 3000 lines). Just open this file, select all, copy and then paste (the same content) we get crash. This bug occurs only if document map is visible.
    When I try to make some experiments and trying to delete some content (about a half) from the end of the file Notepad++ hangs after Del button was pressed.

• Josh Harris

Josh Harris - 2012-03-28

I can confirm eastpak1980's crash with copy and paste while the document map is open. 

• Don HO

Don HO - 2012-03-28

@eastpak1980:
    Could you provide me the file (d o n . h AT f r e e . f r) for reproducing the crash?
    What is your OS? in which language?

Don

• Don HO

Don HO - 2012-03-28

@tateu:

Could you provide me your procedure for the crash?

Don

• Don HO

Don HO - 2012-03-28

reapedbrain, I cannot reproduce it neither.
    What is your OS and OS language?

Don

<< < 1 2 3 4 5 > >> (Page 2 of 5)