Menu

Change words double click selection...

Emilio
2012-11-05
2012-12-29
  • Emilio

Emilio - 2012-11-05

It’s possible to change the char separators that delimitate the auto selection boundaries on double click event over a word?

For example:

"test_one"
    "test-two"

… double click on text or one, on the first example, highlight  "

test_one

", otherwise, on the second example double clinking on text, selects "

test

", and on two selects "

two

", but suppose that I want the same behavior for char separator '

-

' than the '

_

', it’s possible to configure that on some NPP internal property?

Thanks in advance!
    e-milio.

• Byzod

Byzod - 2012-11-13

I support this!
    If we can customize how hpp detect "word" with regular expressions then that's great!
    I always want to select

ONE-WORD

In string like this

"\tONE-WORD\r\n"

with

(?<!\\)[\w\-_]+

• Byzod

Byzod - 2012-11-13

npp
    sorry for the typo

• cchris

cchris - 2012-12-05

This is a Scitilla change. N++ won't do it to make upgrading Scintilla easier.

CChris

• François-R Boyer

This is one time I will have to tell that CChris is not completely correct ;-) It is possible to change characters considered to be in words, without modifying Scintilla, using the SCI_SETWORDCHARS and SCI_SETWHITESPACECHARS messages. Using Python Script plugin, you can set it with editor.setWordChars("abcdefg...") (list all chars you want in words) and editor.setWhitespaceChars(" \t...") (list all space chars). Note that current Notepad++ (or at least the last version of the source I verified) will reset the lists to default when double-clicking a hotspot (e.g. a URL).

• cchris

cchris - 2012-12-29

Indeed, I wasn't able to obtain the changes to stick...
    Further, lexers have their own opinion sometimes abouut what is a word character. This is how I had been able to select word characters in UDLs: because I had full control over the lexer. For instance, you need to modify the relevant lexer to get the $ in PHP variable names to be included in the double click selection.

So yes, you can drive Scintilla's definition of words and spaces, but the lexer change is, from N++ standpoint, a change in the Scintilla distro. So I'd say we are both right.

CChris