Menu

Notepad++ 6.2 released!

Don HO
2012-10-09
2015-05-04
<< < 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 8 > >> (Page 5 of 8)
  • Mah

Mah - 2012-11-13

Hi
    Finally I got it.
    we must used Folding in code 2 style to solve this problem.

Thanks

• Loreia2

Loreia2 - 2012-11-13

Hi mahtav,

yes, that would be the solution.
    There are two folding in code styles precisely so users could solve this kind of problem.

BR
    Loreia

• Pablo Bonilla

Pablo Bonilla - 2012-11-13

Dear all,

Every day I work using Stata and the new UDL is super useful for Stata syntax; beautiful, easy to use and to understand. Before NP++ 6.2 the previous UDL worked fine for Stata syntax but with a lot of limitations that UDL 2.0 does not have now.  Although, I am having two different kinds of problem with the new UDL:

1. Folding in code is not working properly
    For working with loops I need to use curly braces {} for open and close the loop, respectively. This is precisely what I need to fold. With the new UDL the folding in code is not working fine and it is opening and closing on anywhere different than the lines with the curly braces. Sometime to temporally solve the problem I type and erase immediately a “comment character” (which in Stata is the star or asterisk *) at the beginning of the line with the open folding brace “{“ and it rearranges the folding line in the left side of the screen, but not always works. Additionally, sometimes when I type something in the middle of the loop, the “folding in code” structure stops working.

2. Delimiters using double quotes (“”) are not working fine
    In Stata, double quotes (“”) delimit string characters. In occasions the delimiter stops working and assigns the same style to the whole program. One way I found to fix this is cut the first line in the code just after the delimiter style start working wrong and I paste it then at the end of the last line working correctly. Finally I reverse the procedure above and the delimiter works fine again.

My officemate has the same problems and we two think this makes very uncomfortable to work with NP++.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Best,

Pablo

• Loreia2

Loreia2 - 2012-11-13

Hi Pablo,

can you share your userDefineLang.xml file?

BR
    Loreia

• Pablo Bonilla

Sure, How can I do that?? Last time I tried to attached an image and I did not get it…. sorry, so bad using computers.

Pablo.

• Pablo Bonilla

Dear Loreia,

I am more that willing to share my  userDefineLang.xml file with you. How can I do that using this forum?  Do you want me to send it to you via email???

In the same sense how can I paste a picture in this forum. As I understand I need to add a link that contains the image, right?? how can I do that??

Thank you,

Pablo.

• Pablo Bonilla

Pablo Bonilla - 2012-11-14

Dear Loreia,

Regarding the two issues discussed yesterday, these are the examples of the problems:
    Example 1: As I told you before, my open and close characters for folding in code are { and }, respectively. In this example the folding should not start in line 21 but in line 22; it should start a new folding in line 23 but it doesn’t; it should open a new folding in line 35 and close it in line 37. Instead it starts in line 34, close in line 36 and open a new folding in line 38 when it should not do so.

Example 1

I am trying to get for you an example of the other issue about the double quotes (“”) but it happened suddenly and right now it seems to be working fine. I’ll send it to you as soon as I get.
    Finally, you can see my userDefineLang.xml file attached.

Please, let me know if this enough or you need anything else. I am completely willing to help with this issue.

Thank you,

Pablo

Last edit: Pablo Bonilla 2012-11-14
  • Pablo Bonilla

Pablo Bonilla - 2012-11-14

Dear Loreia,

Regarding the problems with the double quotes, this is an example;
    Figure 1 shows the way the highlight is supposed to work properly. In figure 2 you can see the delimiters (“”) are working reversely and the comments line are not working. As you can see also, the way I found to fix the problem was moving up and then down all the lines until it fix by itself. Although it might happen that suddenly, while I am typing some code below, it starts working wrong way again.

Figure1
    Example 3

Figure 2
    Example 2

Thank you,

Pablo

• Loreia2

Loreia2 - 2012-11-15

Hi Pablo,

both issues were already reported and both were solved. Unfortunately, code got lost when I had a HDD failure last week. So, until I re-write the same thing (it might take weeks) you should try your luck with last beta version that I updated to github:
    https://github.com/Loreia/UDL2/downloads

I believe it contains solution for both problems.
    Please report here if it helps.

BR
    Loreia

• Pablo Bonilla

Pablo Bonilla - 2012-11-16

Dear Loreia,

Thank you so much for your response. Although, what am I supposed to do with the file “SciLexer2.dll”? I copied it in the NotePad ++ folder (C:\Program Files\Notepad++) and now NP++ is not opening. Do I have to do something with the file “SciLexer.dll”? Perhaps, should I replace it for “SciLexer2.dll”? Can you please guide me on this?

Thank you.
    Pablo

• James Eduard Espitia Coronado

Hi..., I'm not sure if I found a Bug.

First of all thanks all of you for your great job, I'm an studen and I hope soon know enought to help you (If I may help you to translate the new buttons, menus, etc from English to Spanish please tell me how and I'll do).

I'm trying to define my own language but I'm having trouble with Folding In Code Styles with spaces like in the image attached (Sorry, I didn't know how to show it here)

In the first "Fin si" it doesn't close right, but the second "FIN SI" yes and I have checked the Ignore MAY./min.

In the first it just mark it as the Open but not as the close correct word.

• Pablo Bonilla

Pablo Bonilla - 2012-11-21

Dear Loreia,

Unfortunately SciLexer2.dll file didn’t solve the bugs that we discussed few days ago. I am very sorry for your loss; I think it should be very frustrating to lose all the information, and I completely understand that you will take some time to fix this again. Although, I would really like to encourage you to solve this issues soon because, as I told you before, I am promoting NP++ among all my coworkers who work in Stata and I cannot do it now because of this issue. Believe me, we are more or less 20 people working with Stata daily and it could be expanded to many more.

I am very interesting on this, and if you think that I can help you to fix this in any way, please don’t hesitate and let me know. Keep me posted. 

Have a nice thanksgiving day.

Pablo

• Loreia2

Loreia2 - 2012-11-22

Hi Pablo,

sorry about slow reply, Sourceforge stopped notifying me about new posts on this thread so I was out of loop for a while.

You should download ZIP file and extract it to installation directory. Than close NPP (if it is open) and start Notepad2++.exe (notice number 2 in file name). That will start beta instead of regular version.

Thanks for reporting "ignore case" problem, it will be fixed in next revision of UDL.

About the speed of updating UDL. There isn't much that can be done about it. I am already working on it as hard as I can. You will just have to wait until it is finished.

BR
    Loreia

• Pablo Bonilla

Pablo Bonilla - 2012-12-03

Dear Loreia,

Thanks for your reply. I have not been available to try beta version because I am using a corporative desktop and people from IT do not have time for coming to my office (I think they are king of tired of me for making them come so often few weeks before :P ), so I’ll wait until they come and I’ll let you know whether beta version worked or at least solved some or none of the problems.

all the best,

Pablo.

PS: Thank you for working so hard updating the UDL. I am looking forward to use it :)

• Joze

Joze - 2013-01-04

Dear Pablo,

Your userDefineLang.xml file is awesome! I hope you don't mind if I use it. However, I have the same problem that you described: open and close characters for folding in code are { and } are floating around on wrong places. Have you been able to solve this problem in the meantime?

Thank you and all the best,
      Joze

• Pablo Bonilla

Pablo Bonilla - 2013-01-07

Dear Joze,

I am glad you liked it. You are more than welcome to use it. I am sure that as soon as Loreia find the way to solve the folding issue everything will work fine.

Best,

Pablo

• Joel

Joel - 2012-12-03

After trying to figure out why multipart keywords weren't working for a few minutes, I eventually discovered that multipart keywords don't work if "Ignore case" is enabled.

• Loreia2

Loreia2 - 2012-12-06

Hi everyone,

bugs reported on this thread are now solved.
    You can get latest RC and test for yourself.

I would appreciate feedback (both confirmation that bugs are fixed and notification if they were fixed).

https://sourceforge.net/p/notepad-plus/discussion/331753/thread/01f8c28f/?page=19
    https://github.com/Loreia/UDL/downloads

BR,
    Loreia

• Celvin Kattookaran

Hi Loreia

I've found another issue where the highlighting will go away when i do a compare between two files. I've to go back and re apply the UDL to get the highlighting back.

• Loreia2

Loreia2 - 2012-12-11

Hi Celvin,

If you are using compare plugin, you should report this problem to plugin maintainer.

BR,
    Loreia

• Jeroen

Jeroen - 2013-02-18

Hello Loreia,

I'm currently trying to make a custom language formatting, but I keep on bumping into problems.
    It seems the language I use (a programming part of the Creo and Pro/E 3D CAD drawing program) uses some strange syntax.

Most parameters exist out of 2 words with a whitespace inbetween
    IF --> END IF
    ADD FEATURE --> END ADD
    ADD SUBASSEMBLY --> END ADD
    INPUT --> END INPUT
    RELATIONS --> END RELATIONS

Is it possible to make this foldable?

In the keywords I can put these parameters between "" to recognize it as 1 part. But it seems this doesn't work for folding...

An example of the code:

ADD FEATURE (initial number 4)
    INTERNAL FEATURE ID 7
    TYPE = COORDINATE SYSTEM
    NAME = ASM_DEF_CSYS

FEATURE IS IN LAYER(S) :
      05__ASM_ALL_DTM_CSYS - OPERATION = SHOWN
      05__ASM_DEF_DTM_CSYS - OPERATION = SHOWN

END ADD

ADD SUBASSEMBLY ZADEL_LINKS
    INTERNAL COMPONENT ID 40
    END ADD

ADD SUBASSEMBLY ZADEL_RECHTS
    INTERNAL COMPONENT ID 41
    END ADD

• Loreia2

Loreia2 - 2013-02-18

Hi Jeroen,

please upgrade to Notepad++ 6.3, and try to define those keywords as "Folding in code 2 " type. It should look something like this:

Direct link in case picture is cut off by sourceforge.
    http://i.snag.gy/FGy8b.jpg

BR,
    Loreia

• Jeroen

Jeroen - 2013-02-19

Hi,

That works like a charm, thank you!

• Los_WochoS

Los_WochoS - 2013-03-01

Hi,

i got a problem with the nested comments like shown in the picture. I also tried your start: '#' end: '((EOL))', but nothing works. Can you help me?

http://snag.gy/b5yA2.jpg

BR Robert

• Loreia2

Loreia2 - 2013-03-01

Hi Robert,

where is the problem? You define one delimiter as
    start:solution
    end:)

and the second one:
    start: ?
    end: ?

Now, I don't know this:
    1. Did you define nesting?
    2. What are you trying to achieve?

BR,
    Loreia

<< < 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 8 > >> (Page 5 of 8)