Thanks for downloading this package.
For more information please visit the project page on sourceforge:
For licensing information please see the accompanying file LICENSE in the folder with this readme file
For support, please make contact via the sourceforge project page.
Basic steps for installation are as follows:
1. Set up your server
- You will need a web server with PHP, MySQL and PHP-PDO installed to use melodymanager. The development has been done on fedora 9 using PHP 5.2.5-7, MySQL 5.0.51a and PHP-PDO 5.2.5-7; so check your versions of these packages if you experience problems running the software.
2. Set up your database
- The create-database.sql script will need to be executed on your database server.
3. Install the html folder
- Copy the contents of the 'html' folder to your installation destination and configure/restart web server as necessary. There's very little web server integration involved, so just dropping the files onto a PHP/MySQL enabled web server should get you up and running.
4. Database settings
- Access the system with a web browser. The url depends a lot on where you copied the files in step four.
- You should be prompted to edit the file 'config.php'. Do so and change the settings to match your database connection settings.
5. Refresh the install page
- If your database connection is setup correctly you should now be asked to create an initial user. Complete the form and submit it.
6. Start using melodymanager
- All being well, you should now be able to log in using the details of the user you have created in step 5.
- If you have no music in your system straight away, click the 'Setup' option in the top right and scan for new music files on your local server.
Errors should be logged to the apache error_log, so looking for a file like /var/log/httpd/error_log is a start. Failing this we're still at quite an early stage here, so seek support via the sourceforge project page. Bugs can quite naturally be posted in the sourceforge bug tracker and feature requests are actively encouraged at this stage.