Menu

Issue with configurable products

Help
JackS
2014-01-24
2014-01-24
  • JackS

JackS - 2014-01-24

I'm trying to import configurable products and it seems like it's working on the backend/admin, if I open "Associated Product" tab on the configurable product edit page all related simple products are checked. The issue is that on the front end "add to cart" is missing for all products imported by Magmi. If I manually uncheck then check simple products on "Associated Product" tab and save the product the issue is fixed.

I tried using Magmi reindexer, reindexing from Magento, flushing/disabling cache but nothing helps except manually unchecking-checking then saving. In Magmi I tried using "simples_skus" and auto matching, both give the same result.

This is the format I used for testing:

"type","sku","simples_skus","configurable_attributes"
    "simple","WMG0115-S",,
    "simple","WMG0115-M",,
    "simple","WMG0115-L",,
    "configurable","WMG0115","WMG0115-S,WMG0115-M,WMG0115-L","size"

I'm using Magento ver. 1.7.0.2 and Magmi v0.7.18.

Any ideas?

• Sebastien Bracquemont

You miss "attribute_set" column. This must be the same for your
      configurable & simples, the listed configurable_attributes must be included
      in that attribute_setK.

Depending on your stock management configuration, you may need a qty column
      for the simples & maybe pricing options.

2014/1/24 JackS jacks79@users.sf.net

I'm trying to import configurable products and it seems like it's working
      on the backend/admin, if I open "Associated Product" tab on the
      configurable product edit page all related simple products are checked. The
      issue is that on the front end "add to cart" is missing for all products
      imported by Magmi. If I manually uncheck then check simple products on
      "Associated Product" tab and save the product the issue is fixed.

I tried using Magmi reindexer, reindexing from Magento, flushing/disabling
      cache but nothing helps except manually unchecking-checking then saving. In
      Magmi I tried using "simples_skus" and auto matching, both give the same
      result.

This is the format I used for testing:

"type","sku","simples_skus","configurable_attributes""simple","WMG0115-S",,"simple","WMG0115-M",,"simple","WMG0115-L",,"configurable","WMG0115","WMG0115-S,WMG0115-M,WMG0115-L","size"

I'm using Magento ver. 1.7.0.2 and Magmi v0.7.18.

Any ideas?

Issue with configurable productshttps://sourceforge.net/p/magmi/discussion/1228365/thread/0dd28e08/?limit=50#4d66

Sent from sourceforge.net because you indicated interest in
      https://sourceforge.net/p/magmi/discussion/1228365/

To unsubscribe from further messages, please visit
      https://sourceforge.net/auth/subscriptions/

• JackS

JackS - 2014-01-24

Thank you for the fast response. I just tried including columns you mentioned but no luck. This is the file I tried:

"type","sku","simples_skus","configurable_attributes","attribute_set","size","qty"
        "simple","WMG0115-S",,,"Default","S","1"
        "simple","WMG0115-M",,,"Default","M","2"
        "simple","WMG0115-L",,,"Default","L","3"
        "configurable","WMG0115","WMG0115-S,WMG0115-M,WMG0115-L","size","Default",,

I may have been unclear in the first message, the products are already existing on the site and I'm just updating them - that's why there was no "qty", pricing and other required fields.